Friday, April 13, 2018

JUST AN ORDINARY THURSDAY AND FRIDAY... I THINK


Happy Friday the 13th!  I always call it my lucky day because everyone thinks it is unlucky.  And with that outlook good things usually happen for me on Friday the 13th.

Yesterday Joe went to a four month follow-up for his cataract surgery.  Everything is doing great!  He is seeing 20/20.  Yes!  He goes back in a year and I think once a year from now on to keep an eye on things because of his diabetes.

When we left there he wanted to get a haircut at his favorite Supercuts which was nearby.  Supercuts is a chain and we had been going to one near the library I worked at for eight years.  They did a good job.  But then we discovered one near my cancer doctor (and Joe's eye doctor) and went in there.  It is cleaner, faster and they do a better job.  So that is where Joe goes now.  I took a picture and he didn't even know I did it until we got home.


While he was getting his hair cut I went a couple of doors down to Haru Sushi and Hibachi and got us some vegetable sushi to take home for lunch.  Joe wanted to try what I had when we went there last time.  It was so good.  I never have had mango in sushi before and it is amazing.

After we ate we went to Lowe's and I got a new welcome mat for the Spring and Summer.  No more snowmen out front.  I also got some pansies to put in the pot out in the yard.

The sunset was amazing and I took several pictures of it as it progressed.





The little lights in the last picture are the street lights along I-95.  We are only a few blocks from this major highway.  I can look out the window and see how the traffic is flowing before I get on it to go anywhere.

Today was a beautiful day.  Sunny and warm.  I had almost forgotten what it was like to go outside and have it be warm!  I had to take this picture for you when I got into the car.


Yes, that is an 88*!  I had the air conditioning in the car on as I drove.

Joe and I went to Shoprite for lunch.  We really like their restaurant there.  I thought I would show it to you.


The wall next to the booths is painted so nicely.


Next to the cash register are the beverages, napkins, plasticware, etc.  They call it "The Harbison Avenue Soda Fountain."


And look at these lights!  I didn't even notice them until I looked up today.

The other night while I was sitting there waiting for Joe I also took a couple of pictures of the store.  It's so pretty and so clean!  All the fruit and veggies are perfect.  There's an entire organic section and even a tropical fruit section with papayas, dragon fruit, kiwi and avocados.



After we finished eating we went to drop some things off at the dry cleaners and then stopped in Dollar Tree for me to get some new flowers for the pot in front of the house.  When we came out of Dollar Tree there was a lot of smoke.  A car was on fire.  What a time to not have my camera with me.  But I had my phone and got a picture of the car and the fire engine.  They aren't wonderful pictures, but you can get the idea.  A  lot of people were standing around taking pictures.  I hope no one got hurt.  The car was destroyed.



When I got home I put the flowers in the pot.  For some reason nothing grows in that pot.  I have tried changing all the soil.  Moving it to different places for it to get more (or less) light and nothing.  So now I use silk flowers and it always looks nice.  Peonies and dahlias this time.



And that's about it.  Hopefully tomorrow I will get out in the yard while it is 82* again and get all my plants in.  I will show you pictures of what is up (but not blooming yet) too.

Until later...

Kathy







11 comments:

  1. Kathy, that is great news about Joe's eye surgery. Nice that things are close by so you don't have to drive all over. Last year I put some fake flowers in a pot along with a real plant and they looked good all summer. LOL. Sad about the car fire, a big loss for most people. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love catching up with what y'all are doing. Those sunset pictures are beautiful! Glad to hear Joe is doing well and I love your grocery store!!!
    Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news for Joe! The sunset photos are so beautiful! I love eating lunch at the new Shop Rite! Such choices & so clean. I think if it were closer,I'd eat there every day. (Okay,maybe every other day.) Flowers look nice in your front pot. Wonder why real ones won't grow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It really has warmed up down there! Hope that you aren’t chilled with that temperature drop. 😉 Twenty-twenty vision?! All right! That is fabulous. Your posies are pretty and won’t require watering...win-win...but if you want to fake the neighbors out, water them once in a while. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to heart the news about Joe's eyes! Whooo Hoooo. Love your sunset pictures, Kathy- I hope you have a wonderful weekend. At least you have nice warm weather there. xo Diana
    ps...what a great grocery store!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a really busy day yesterday but got a lot accomplished. Your Shoprite is sure a lot nicer than the ones here. I shopped there one time, and never went back. I like the silk flowers you put in the pot out front. I need to do that now that I am not able to dig and plant and take care. Hope you enjoy another warm day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice that you finally got some warm temperatures! That cafe looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love to read what you and Joe are up to. I love your Shop-rite. It does look so clean and organized. We are having warm temperatures too and I LOVE it! Ready for it to stay but I believe this is it for at least a week, waaa.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was an exciting outing,,, the flowers look great in the pot,,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness, it sounds like your day was super fun! Your market looks like a really nice place to shop and eat. So clean looking! Congrats on hubby's visit to the eye doctor. I had my cataracts removed years ago, and it made a huge difference for me. Except for reading fine print, my vision is great.

    Have fun planting all your flowers. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard about your warm temperatures out there from a friend. We probably will not see 88 till June. I am happy that Joe is seeing very well after his surgery and that he like his new barber. On Friday 13 I had a medically induced stress test done at 6 AM. Having to get up so early was the only thing bad about that. PTL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.