Sunday, April 1, 2018

GOOD FRIDAY



I know I am way behind on my posts, but I hope you will forgive me and read along as I catch up today and tomorrow.

Good Friday was quite a day.  I finally got to the hospital to see an orthopedist.  Actually I saw two of them and both were excellent.

When we got there, we were a little early and the doctor was running late.  So we went to the cafeteria to get something to eat.  We didn't have time for lunch in order to get to the hospital before 12:20 p.m.  We were pleasantly surprised by how nice the cafeteria was.  Joe got a beautiful salad with turkey strips on top.  I got vegetable sushi that was just wonderful.  It had carrots, avocado and cucumber.

I took pictures of both but...  yes, I've lost my new camera.  Don't ask.  But I will tell you I KNOW WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that it is in the living room.  I was taking pictures of some decorations.  There was a knock at the door.  I put the camera down to answer it and...  the mind is a blank.  No idea where I put it.  I have torn the room apart and no sign of either camera.  This just cannot happen again.  Every single thing in this room is going to be moved and I WILL find it.

But back to Friday.  When we got back from lunch I was called into the office right away.  I first saw a nurse, then a Physician's Assistant, then the doctor himself.  I didn't do any permanent damage when I fell in December, but I have a lot of arthritis in my knees (the right worse than the left).  He wants me to go get physical therapy.  I have been that route before and although it helped in the short run, it really didn't do much good.  I am thinking instead of going to the new gym that opened a few blocks away.  I already know the exercises and I could do everything there.  But we will see.

On the way out of the hospital we stopped in the gift shop.  They always have such beautiful things in there.  All of their Easter things were $5 and I know they were a lot more originally.  I got the most unusual and beautiful bunny which I put in the front window.


I also got this painted block which I thought was so cute.


 I went to Rite Aid when I got home to get a few things.  Their Easter flowers were on sale so I got a hyacinth and some daffodils for Joe.  Daffodils are Joe's favorite flower and I try to get him some each year.


On Saturday is when I lost my camera.  The knock on the door where I set down the camera was from a delivery person who had a beautiful bouquet from Edible Arrangements.  My sister Elaine had sent it to me and Joe for Easter.  It was so pretty and so yummy.  I would have taken a picture of it but....  We have eaten about half of it and I'm sure it will be finished tomorrow.  Here's what it looked like except instead of a star, it was a pineapple bunny dipped in chocolate.

Delicious Daisy®


We went to the Good Friday service at church Friday night.  It was a beautiful and meaningful time.  I wish more people had shown up for it.  Then we stopped at the new Shop Rite on the way home and picked up something for dinner.

And that brings us up to Easter.  I will tell you about that tomorrow.  So until then I hope you have a lovely evening.

Kathy


11 comments:

  1. I like the window bunny. He is so different.I can understand about the physical therapy. If you can do it yourself...go for it! I LOVE hyacinths!!
    I doubt there's any room in my garden for more but I usually get at least one each year. How nice of Elaine! Delicious AND pretty! Your camera will turn up.
    Watch for the bit of snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will probably find both cameras and then you will have a spare! lol Hope you can go to PT and that it will help some. I know what knee or back pain can be....had both. Hope your new week is good for you and pain goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your $5 bunny!!
    Glad you got in to see the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful flowers, beautiful bunny and block and it sounds like you made out ok with appointments but I sure hope that camera turns up,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll find your camera soon. It's so frustrating when things get lost.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hospital gift shop finds are SO cute!! Sure hope those cameras turn up soon! Look under pillows and behind furniture!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy...I look forward to reading about your Easter Sunday...I am sure the church service was lovely and powerful at the same time. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same problem with losing things. It seems if I touch it, no one ever finds it again. I also know better than to put things away in a safe place, because I never find them again.

    Here's hoping you find your camera soon. I love your new bunny and your new plants. Now if this new snow would just go away.......You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, Feel down inside the couch side under the cushions. You may find some coins at least. Hope your pain eases soon. Glad you did see the dr. at least. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. May finding that camera not be a nightmare... I have lost some things...the most recent was my glasses, which I set down atop a cookie can. Who knew that they’d be perfectly camouflaged there?! What a lovely bouquet from a thoughtful sister.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.