Thursday, March 29, 2018

WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY


I didn't post yesterday because I didn't do much except lay on the sofa and sleep.  My back is very s-l-o-w-l-y getting better.  It still hurts a lot if I move wrong or if I sit too long.  

Joe had a doctor's appointment yesterday and ended up going to the V.A. Hospital by train so I didn't have to drive.  I did drive over to the train station to pick him up when he came home.  That was the first time I had driven in three days and I was OK.  Not great, but I do have great heated seats in the car with good back support.  Unfortunately when Joe was headed toward the car, he decided to climb up the incline instead of going through the driveway and he lost his balance and fell onto the parking lot.  He didn't get hurt badly, but he scared both of us.  He said he's a little sore today,  it could have been so much worse.

We went to Bible Study last night.  I made it through with a few winces of pain here and there.  I was going to go to the Agape Dinner tonight but after sitting on the chair for an hour I knew there was no way I could do that.

Today I am still stiff and in pain but some better.  I think in a week or so I will be fine.  It just had to happen THIS week.  *sigh*

The one thing I did was go get my hair cut.  I had made the appointment several weeks ago but wasn't sure I could do it.  I went to the same place I always use, but had a different hair dresser.  Instead of Deb, I had Kim because Deb wasn't able to fit me in.  I was so happy because Kim did an excellent job on me.  In fact I like her better than Deb and already have an appointment with her for next time.  Their chair was very comfortable so I wasn't in pain while my hair was being cut.

I meant to take a before picture, but forgot.  So here is the picture from a few days ago.


And here is the new cut.


I am really happy with it.  I don't mind having longer hair in the cold weather, but it drives me nuts in the warmth.

And speaking of warmth, it got up to 73* today!  (That's 23*C for my Canadian and European friends.)  Whoo hoo!  I was very happy.  Joe opened the windows and put in the screens for me.  I'm still not up to that with my back and I am not doing ANYTHING to maybe put me back.

Joe made meatloaf for dinner tonight.  He didn't want me leaning over to put it in the oven.  That was so sweet of him.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I don't feel like going, but I guess I will.  And then there's a Good Friday service in the evening.  Somewhere in there I have to go food shopping too.  So it will be a full day.

And so I'm heading for bed.  Have a good night everyone.

Kathy

Weather for Philadelphia:
Mostly clear
High:  73*F     Low:  56*F
Sunrise:  6:49 a.m.     Sunset:  7:22 p.m.
12 hours and 33 minutes of daylight



12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you haven't been totally out of commision this week! I know you had so much to look forward to.
    My Summer is sure struggling. Sabrina and Rayne have been home since the 23rd and Sunmmer has been pretty much in bed since they got here.She is desperate at this point. The injections haven't kicked in yet and if they don't work.....surgery that will kill the nerves is the only other option which will very likely put her in a wheelchair. From September 2016 to tonight, she has been in extreme pain nearly every single day. On a scale of 1 - 10....she hovers at 7.....and this constant pain is taking a toll on her mental, as well as physical health. In other words, she is desperate. I know you have been praying for her and I told her tonight she has so many people praying.....I thank you and Joe and your church from the bottom of my heart. Tonight I prayed the prayer of Jabez on the phone with her. Please share with me if you know other prayers I can pray with her. I know Jeremiah 29:11 and have claimed that one for her as well......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe is so thoughtful! So glad to hear you are a bit better. It does take time to heal.Your haircut is so cute! You look good in the shorter style.I can agree with the bit longer in winter.It can keep you warmer! :)
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you are dealing with back pain, Kathy. I know how miserable that can be. At least you have a haircut you like and that is a bright spot in your day. I always have a hard time shifting to a different stylist for fear of offending the one I am with...lol

    Sorry about Joe's fall. I am sure that scared both of you and glad he was able to take the train to his appointment.

    Hope you have a great blessed, wonderful Easter. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you are slowly getting better; just continue being careful. I love your new hair cut, but I am a short hair person! lol Have a blessed Good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things are looking up🌷 A blessed Easter weekend to you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new haircut is super cute! Please take care of yourself and don't hurt your back again!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go slow and take it easy. The back heals slowly, especially as we get a little older. I hope Joe doesn't have any aches and pains that show up later after the fall. What a sweetie he is for cooking the supper. I have to say I like your new haircut. I'll be needing to go and have mine done soon. You have a blessed Easter, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh, i hope your back feels better soon,, I really like the hair cut,, its very flattering,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are slowly getting better. Oh my, tell Joe he needs to be careful too!! Glad his fall wasn't worse!
    A haircut is always a boost for me. Of course, with my short hair it gets trimmed very often....long bugs me too!
    Happy Easter, Kathy and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, I am praying for you. Joe is your sweetheart, taking care of you...but then you do care for him when he needs it..so you are good together. :) I can not believe it was that warm there. Today 's air had a bite to it here...but it smelled so very fresh, you know spring is in the air. Blessings to you and Joe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, I came over here to check on you and here you are all laid up because of your back. What a bummer when you have so much to do. I hope that by now you are getting some relief from your pain and feeling much better. Joe is always good to care for you so I hope that he stays verticle as well. Happy Easter to the both os you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.