Wednesday, March 21, 2018

SNOW, A LOOK AT ST. PATRICK'S DAY, AND A NEW CAMERA


Yep.  That's about the size of it.  It began about 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday as we were leaving Ladies Bible Study and is supposed to snow all through today.  The prediction is for 10-14 inches (25-35 cm) with freezing rain.  I have a file with pictures that I get off of facebook and the internet.  When I see something cute, I save it.  I was looking for a picture for the first day of Spring but when I saw this, I knew it was perfect for today.

After study Debbie and I went to the new ShopRite.  Have I told you how in love with this store I am?  Well I'm telling you now.  It is the absolute best grocery store I have ever been in.  When we approached the entrance an attendant came up to us, greeted us, and asked if he could get us a cart.  Why yes, thank you!  We enter this beautiful clean building with the freshest fruit, veggies and meat I have ever seen.  There's a beautiful ceiling to floor waterfall facing you as you walk in.  Customer service is above and beyond.  I was getting two cases of water when an employee walked up to me and insisted on putting the water into the cart for me because they were heavy.  He was the same one who had answered all of our questions about where certain products were.  The cashier was so friendly on the way out.  And when we got to the car, an attendant unloaded the cart for us, packed the trunk, took the cart back to the store and wished us a great day.  Wow!

By this time it was snowing pretty badly and we had to make a quick stop at Target so we were on our way.  I had to return something and Debbie was just getting one item so I waited for her in Starbucks.  Here's the view out of the window.


Then I took Debbie home and headed home myself.  Yes, folks, it's snowing...again.


But let's go back to St. Patrick's Day.  A much calmer day.


It was a very low-key day.  We were scheduled to go to a Day of Prayer at one of our churches in Allentown, PA but Joe has been having a bad reaction to a new medication and so we decided it would be best to stay home.  He went last year and really enjoyed it so was very disappointed.  He ended up sleeping most of the day and I ended up cleaning.  I will get things done around here.  But we did do some Irish things.  I wore one of my Irish t-shirts.


For dinner I made a boiled meal of ham, potatoes and green beans.


And, of course, Irish tea from my favorite tea mug.


I didn't have any, but Joe enjoyed some ice cream for dessert.


I am so enjoying my new camera.  It has now been 5 weeks and no sign of my other one.  The new one has all kinds of special features.  One of them is that you aim at a subject and press the shutter button.  It will automatically take six pictures with all different effects.  Here's what happened when I took Joe in church on Sunday.  The first picture is what I actually saw and was taking.







Very cool!  I really should read the book that came with it and find out what else it can do.

And with that I am headed to bed.  I slept for most of the evening, but I think I can get a few more hours sleep before it's time to start another day.

Have a good one, everyone.

Kathy





16 comments:

  1. Love the Peanuts! How appropriate! I agree about the new Shop Rite. I've never seen such courtesy,Customer attention & just plain polite. It makes you want to shop here.
    Glad we went yesterday.It's icy out there now & forecast is for heavy,wet snow close to
    8"-11".Russ went to work (got a text they're open:( ) but I feel the place will close by midday.Good day to catch up on cleaning ...or reading! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You stay safe too. It is not a nice day out there.

      Delete
  2. So wonderful to have a good camera. I need to spend time reading the book that came with mine too. There's so much I don't know!
    It's snowing like crazy here. Kids don't have school so it will be a full house.
    Love the customer service at your new grocery store....wow! I'd return for all that :)
    Have a good day, Kathy. Hopefully the snow will disappear quickly.....I'm so done with this snowy month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am done with this snow too. My poor tulips came up and are now frozen. Have fun with the kids.

      Delete
  3. That snow needs to move out and away for sure....it is spring after all. Your camera is neat in that it has all those extras to enjoy. We have a Shop Rite, but for some reason, I have never been there....guess because it is across town. Glad you discovered yours tho! Have a good Wednesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shop Rites are independently owned so not all are the same. My sister goes to one that is really horrible. But it is close to her. The one I used to go to was good. The same family owns both that one and the new one. But what a difference in customers and employees. I will have a hard time going back to the other one when I need something the new one doesn't have.

      Delete
  4. your new camera is wonderful! I love that you wore an Irish tshirt and used an Irish cup,, the day passed here with little recognition at all, the only celebrations I know of here are at Pubs and we aren't drinkers so,,,, next year I will take your heed and make an effort to mark the day,, that camera of yours is very well hidden!! Must have been the fairies lol,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people here celebrate St. Patrick's Day with drinking also. We celebrate with Irish potato candy, Irish soda bread and Irish stew. Such a better way. Yes, I think the fairies must have taken my camera. I am doing a deep cleaning and hopefully it will show up somewhere. Some other things I lost have shown up.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad your new camera is fun to use! We need one to blog, don't we? Enjoy your day...stay safe and warm! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going crazy not having a camera to blog with. This is so nice and now I can get some decent posts up. You have a good day too, Diane.

      Delete
  6. Kathy, Love the new camera. Oh I heard you were having lots of snow. We got less than an inch last evening and it should melt off today. We have been so blessed. I always love your peanuts cartoon. Take care if you get back out in this slick stuff. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Susie, you would love this camera. It is silver -- so pretty and so many features. I just have to get used to having the buttons in different places. I wish we were getting less than an inch of snow and having it melt away. Right now it is freezing rain. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere today.

      Delete
  7. It's good you are really enjoying your new camera. I still don't know all the things my camera does and I've had it for a few years now. We have a ton of snow here and more is on the way sometime today. Happy Spring!!!

    Your irish dinner sounds delicious. Now I'm getting hungry. hahaha. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surely that snow is not going to last long. What a fine kettle of fish! So glad that you are enjoying your new camera and what a nice lot of special features it has. Yes, reading the manual can be a very good thing! ☺️ You have a beautiful smile. I have noticed this before, but in case I have never mentioned it! Keep having fun with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your post and your photos! Hope the snow has melted by now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy your Peanuts cartoons as well. It rained alot here today. I am so tired that I should be in bed! Glad you are enjoying your camera and always there's always a learning curve when you buy a new camera! Take care and hope Joe feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.