Sunday, March 25, 2018

PALM SUNDAY (AND IT'S MY 2000TH POST!)



I hope you all had a wonderful day.  I woke up very early today.  I wouldn't have except someone wanted me up to feed him.



Oh, Jack!  Why can't you let me sleep past 4:30 a.m.?

So since I was up I decided to make gluten-free apple cinnamon muffins for Fellowship Time at church.  I made them from a mix since I am not at all good making gluten-free dishes.  They were OK, but I don't think I would make them again.

Joe got up, tried to eat, sat there for awhile then went back to bed.  Poor guy still isn't feeling all that great.  I just want him to be OK for the rest of this week and for Easter.

No kids showed up for Sunday School so I got the opportunity to sit in church and hear the message.  It was so good.  We are studying Colossians and even though I taught it about a year ago, there is always something new to learn.  And my lessons and Pastor's sermons have a different emphasis.  There was so much in the message that I took to heart and am pondering and praying about.

The church looked very nice and a lot of people commented on it.  I'm glad Dorothea and I took the time to make it so pretty.

This afternoon I was looking at the palms I had gotten and wondered how hard it was to make a palm cross.  I went on youtube because you can find anything on youtube.  There were several videos.  I tried a couple, but found one that was simple and was able to make a few nice ones.  The first two I tried were pretty lame, but I was able to make two decent ones -- one for Joe and one for me.  There are a lot of palms left over, so I am going to ask for more on Tuesday and see if I can make a bunch of them to give out on Easter.



For dinner tonight I had lamb chops, baked potatoes and a cauliflower and broccoli blend.  When I went to put the lamb chops on, some olive oil that I had in the pan splashed on my right arm and my face.  My face is OK, but my arm is burned.  Fortunately not badly but it sure hurts as if it is bad.  Now that the blisters are coming out I can see just how much of my arm is burned and it's quite a lot.

I wanted to get a picture of the sunset tonight.  But as I did, I noticed the silhouette of the trees.  Look, there are buds!  Even though there were snow flurries this morning, there are buds!  Surely warm weather can't be far away.




I bought myself a new necklace.  I saw this in Rite Aid and couldn't resist.  It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I know it will go with so many of my outfits.  It is much prettier in person than it is in the picture.  All of the stones sparkle.





This is going to be a busy week.  Something going on every day except Monday.  I think I'm going to have to rest tomorrow to save my energy for the rest of the week.  And so with that I am heading to bed.

Until later...

Kathy



8 comments:

  1. Your necklace is pretty, I love sparkle and I like the cross you made from palm. We are studying Ephesians in women's Bible study, and before that Colossians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your necklace!! Praying that Joe gets to feeling better!
    Yes, this is a busy week. I'm doing a Good Friday Gathering as I have done for the past 15 years. Sprucing up the yard and cooking food and cleaning!
    Enjoy your day of rest. You will need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had no luck with gluten free baking at all, its a challenge I think. I hope your burns heal quickly, that was a close call,, very clever palm folding, the cross looks beautiful. Your necklace is beautiful, it really is!!!! I hope your husband feels better soon, you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cross turned out very well. I've never seen one folded like that. Your necklace is very pretty.It will certainly add an accent to any outfit! Sorry to hear about your burn. They do hurt! I love the buds!!There is hope for spring! Hope Joe feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying Joe will feel better as the week goes on. I like the cross you made from the palm leaf. And oh your new necklace is very lovely....a good find! So sorry you burned your arm, and hope it heals quickly. Have a restful Monday and get ready for the busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear that you burned your arm. I'm hoping that it heals quickly. Also, I hope that Joe is feeling better soon. Your palm cross looks wonderful. You did a super job with it. I've never seen one quite like it.

    What a great find your new necklace is, and so pretty. I love sparkle too, but mine is on my fingers. I love rings most, then bracelets. My week is busy too. Got to finish my tax stuff and make an appointment to see the tax accountant. It will be a relief when that is done!

    You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a busy week/weekend. Hope Joe starts feeling better soon and can enjoy Easter and that you can get some rest too. Your necklace is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your post good blog on site,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.