Wednesday, March 7, 2018

IT'S A SNOW DAY AND HADLEY IS 7 MONTHS


I suppose most of you have heard about the second Nor'easter that hit the east coast of the U.S. today.  When I first got up it was only rain and light snow.  I thought we had gotten off easy.  And then around noon the flakes came down fast and furious.  I have never seen such large flakes.

Joe got the shovel and went out to clear the sidewalk.  As fast as he cleared a spot, the snow covered it.  We are told we got 6 inches (15 cm) of snow, but it seems like more to me.  He was out there for hours.

My sister finally got her electricity back after four days.  She posted pictures on facebook of the snow she got.  She said it was at least 15 inches (38 cm) but maybe as much as 20 inches (51 cm).  It's bad.

We called off Bible Study for tonight.  There was no way I was going to drive in the snow.  Especially in the dark.  I have stayed inside all day except for a few minutes I went outside to hand something to Joe.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better although the temperatures are already below freezing.

Right now even though it is after 11:00 p.m. Joe is in the kitchen making an apple pie.  Why?  He feels like it.  I'm not complaining.  He has been a baker for a lot of his working years so he knows what he is doing.  And he was a baker and a cook in the Marine Corps.  I like it that he knows his way around the kitchen.

We had a bad storm last Friday.  Another one today.  And now there's a third one heading our way for this weekend.  Enough with the snow already!

Monday my little Hadley turned 7 months old.  She just gets cute and cuter.  She weighs 21 lbs. already.  Here are some recent pictures of her.








Even though she's had a cold and is not feeling so great, she still smiles.  What a sweet and pleasant baby she is.  And so pretty too, not that I'm prejudiced or anything.

I still have not found my camera.  I am looking for it every day.  As I am looking, my house is getting cleaner.  So far I have cleaned off two tables, the recliner and washed and decorated the front window and the front door.  Tomorrow it is under the end table.  I find that with my physical limitations I can do only one thing each day.  That is if I want to do it well.  But I figure cleaning one thing a day is better than doing nothing!

And so I am going to bed so I can get up tomorrow and carry on with things.  I hope you all have a good night and a great day tomorrow.

Kathy


9 comments:

  1. Was just checking in to see how you were doing in PA with all the snow coming down. Hope it doesn't settle in too long! Our days are a bit warmer but cool in the evenings. Take care and hope you find your camera. I need to dig through a few places and get items cleared away completely! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you got so much snow. We only got a little although it was to be a big storm. Hopefully today will be warm enough to begin the melting. So happy to hear your sister has her power again. Four days is long, can't even imagine it.
    I hear about the possibility of another storm coming......hope it misses us all!!
    That baby is adorable! They grow up so fast.
    Take care.....Going through stuff is hard work. Hope finding your camera is one of the rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also saw the rain & thought we'd get nothing. Philly even made the news in Alabama as a friend called to check on me. Russ wanted me to stay in & safe so I just let Bella out in the yard for potty. He worked 1/2 day & shoveled when he got home.This wet snow is heavy! Glad to hear Elaine got her power back! I've been praying for her.
    I love Hadley in her lacy dress! So cute. Hope you find your camera.
    Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I am just like Lucy at the window. I am beyond over winter. I am so sorry the east got more nasty snow ,let the faucets drip. You and Joe stay safe and warm in your home, please. Love all those cute baby pics. Adorable. Ble4ssings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little Hadley is just beautiful. As for the snow, back home (I'm in Florida) got hit with a lot of snow too. This weather is just horrible! Hope it go3s away soon. You have a great day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hadley is darling! Very feminine with the sweetest smile.

    Oh I am with you on the weather...Enough! Uncle! What will it take to make it stop! ☺️

    Apple pie in the middle of the night... What a lovely thought...

    So glad that your sis has her power again. Four days is plenty long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hadley is just precious! Hoping the snow will leave you soon and spring will be around the corner. Take care about getting out in it til it clears. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dear child has the biggest beautiful eyes! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry that you have been sick. I hope that you and Joe are all better by now. I heard about the snow you got on the east coast. I suppose that it was beautiful but ridiculous too. Hadley is so cute. I know that she cheers your heart. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.