Saturday, March 3, 2018

A GORGEOUS SUNSET

Thank you everyone for all your kind wishes for my health.  I am still not 100% so this is going to be a quick post.  Besides which I lost my camera two weeks ago.  I am lost without it and hope it turns up soon.  So these pictures are taken with my little flip phone's camera.  It's not the best, but at least it's something.

I was sitting in the living room this afternoon when I saw something red in the sky.  The room faces east so I thought it might be something on fire.  Instead, this is what I saw when I went to the front door.


I knew the sky at the back of the house must have a beautiful sunset, so I headed to the kitchen.  I was right.  The colors were so much more vivid than these pictures show.  It was bright red.




As I said, these pictures are not of the best quality and I really can't focus all that well, but it gives you some sense of how beautiful it was.

Quite a change from yesterday when we had a blizzard and winds so high that hundreds of thousands of people are still without electricity including my brother, sister-in-law and sister.  It may be days before they get their power back.  We were very fortunate that our lights flickered a few times, but we never lost electricity.  We are so dependent on our resources.

Joe did, however, find this morning the lids to our trash and recycling buckets out front of the house.  I had everything secured (or so I thought) at the back of the house when the storm began yesterday.  It was bad!

Hopefully I will get back on track with posting on a regular basis.  I still feel pretty lousy even though all my antibiotics are finished.  I think it's just a matter of my body catching up.

Have a good night everyone.

Kathy



8 comments:

  1. The photos are beautiful! Glad to hear you're at least feeling a bit better. You're right,it'll take more time for your body to be totally back in sync. Be kind to yourself while healing. Hugs & prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good you are on the mend, and hope you continue to feel better. The pictures are so pretty. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true that the camera never quite catches the colors we see. Praying that you will feel better and better as you go along. Antibiotics themselves can knock the stuffing out of a person. I heard about that nasty storm, but it slipped off south of me. The wind, though, was wild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw sorry you lost your camera but hopefully it will show up. I like those colorful sunsets as well. I'm glad you're feeling better. I've been having issues with my stomach and just working on getting it better. Hope this week we all feel better and you all recover from the storm. We rarely lose power as most of our area has lines in the ground. Take care. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, So glad you didn't lose your power. I think your photos are great for a flip phone. :) I am praying for all those effected by the storms. What horrible weather the U.S. has had this winter. Hope Joe is doing well and I am so glad you are better. Blessings for getting back to yourself and good health. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care!! The sky was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend. take it slow and easy. Your photos are beautiful. I hope you find your camera soon. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to read that you are still not feeling well, Kathy. Quite a few others we know have also been dealing with respiratory issues this winter and rest seems the best cure. Hope you will be getting lots of rest and feeling better soon. Friday's storm was a miserable day for us here too, but the mill apartment we live in did not lose power and we stayed safe indoors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.