Saturday, February 3, 2018

THE SUPER BLUE BLOOD MOON

Did you get to see the moon on January 31st?  It was a Super Moon because the orbit was so close to the earth.  It was a Blue Moon because it was the second full moon of January.  And it was a Blood Moon because there was an eclipse and the rays of the sun gave the moon a reddish hue.

I was disappointed with my pictures of the Super Moon on January 1st.  I just couldn't get the exposure I wanted no matter how hard I tried.  See for yourself.  It just looked like a big white blob.




This morning I did much better.  I woke up at 2:30 and looked out the window.  There it was.  I took a few pictures but these were the best.






Unfortunately both times there were tree branches in the way.  But at least I got some definition with the Super Blue Blood Moon.  I'm much happier with these photos.

The moon was huge.  I didn't see any sign of an eclipse, but the color was darker.  I think I did pretty good with a point and shoot camera.

Have a great day!

Kathy


20 comments:

  1. I did see the big beautiful moon and your pictures are great. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures! The branches make it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doris. I thought maybe the moon was blocked too much.

      Delete
  4. Well, at least you got to see it and get some pictures. We had cloud cover and weren't able to get more than a glimpse. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry, Diana. Too bad you didn't get the chance to see it.

      Delete
  5. You got some great photos! I did not go out to look at it but have enjoyed everyone's photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was between 2:30 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. and freezing cold so I did not go out either. These are taken through my kitchen window.

      Delete
  6. Love the branches with the full moon!
    Yes, I saw it - no pictures, so I’m enjoying yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Branches over the moon are beautiful to me. Well done capturing these photos. I have enjoyed seeing others’ photos since storms prevented my corner from seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The moon was super blue-iful! I was too tired to take any photos of it but did see it a couple times outside. A couple of your photos showed craters, which fun to capture. It is hard for me to take photos in the dark, even with my Canon T3. Sigh! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! I thought the branches a nice touch.No,I wasn't up at that time but got to see it through your lens. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos Kathy...the moon was incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good evening.
    Japan is 11 afternoon on 4th,
    Thank you for a wonderful newsletter. Always waiting forward to.
    The snow festival of Hokkaido Sapporo is held.
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked the next to last photo best. I did not get to see the moon. With all the tall trees around my property, I don't get to see it unless it directly overhead. The branches make the photos more interesting. Nice job. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know just how hard it is to take photos of the moon. When the storm hit the UK, it grant in lots of desert sand and turned the moon red. I tried to take a photo but it was too difficult. Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.