Friday, February 16, 2018

PARTYING THE NIGHT AWAY


Last Saturday Joe and I went to a birthday party for our friend and next-door neighbor, Chrissy.  Chrissy was 2 years old when I moved into my house and now we were celebrating her 40th birthday.  Where did the time go?  Chrissy and I are very close.  She is like my little sister.  So going to celebrate with her was a no-brainer.

The party was held at Randi's, a local restaurant who has banquet rooms.  I had never been there before.  It was really nice.  And the food was out of this world delicious!

I was anxious about driving because the weather was terrible.  It was pouring!  I mean really badly pouring!!  Nothing like putting on nice clothes and getting soaked.  But we made it there just fine and when we came out around 10:00 p.m. it was raining but not as badly.

So let me show you some pictures from the evening.

Here is Chrissy with her brother, sister-in-law, aunt, nephew and niece.  They live two doors from us.  Yes, brother and sister live three doors apart.


Who's this guy?  Chrissy is in the background.


The happy birthday girl.  She looked so beautiful that night.  I loved it that she wore a tiara.


We were given these chocolate covered pretzels made by her sister-in-law, Kelly.  Kelly makes the best candy.  (And usually gives some to Joe and me for Christmas!)  The tag says 40 is fabulous.


There was a selfie booth with all kinds of props.  We were all having fun with it.





She got her birthday cake from Stock's Bakery, a rather famous bakery here in the city known for their delicious pound cakes.  This did not disappoint.


There was a cute little teddy bear sitting on a chair.  He was holding a bunch of black balloons with "40" on them.



Here's Chrissy in the selfie booth with her aunt and cousins.


And this guy again.  (shaking my head) He followed me around all night.




Cutting the cake.




 This balloon kept turning around and around in the breeze from the air handler.  I was fortunate enough to get it facing forward just as Chrissy turned around.  It says, "Another Year Fabulous"!


People were using sharpies to write messages on the poster.  I thought this was a great idea.  You get to keep this as a memory forever.


Here's the three of us.  The photographer took it for me.


 The place was crowded and everyone was having a good time.




We were the first to leave.  We had to get up for church the next morning and if we had stayed until the end it would have been midnight or after when we got home.  But we had such a fun time!  It has given me so many ideas for Joe's party in May.  I really have to get working on that.  It will be here before we know it.

Hope you enjoyed coming along with us.  Have a great day.

Kathy

Weather in Philly:
Cloudy
High:  58*F     Low:  28*F
Sunrise:  6:52 a.m.     Sunset:  5:37 p.m.
10 hours and 45 minutes of daylight.



11 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a super time at the party. Wonderful photos. Forty is a great age! You have a super weekend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun and energizing to celebrate with friends! Happy Birthday to Chrissy🎈

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, So glad it turned out to be a fun day despite the rain. Tell your neighbor happy birthday from me. We are having rain and gray days...oh my I need sunshine. Blessings , xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great time you all had, glad you made it home safe,, sounds like a bad driving night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fun party and celebration of the big 4 Oh for your friend Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everyone had a good time at the celebration for Chrissy, including you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great party! How amazing that you have known her for so long and she's still your neighbor! We certainly have had a lot of rain recently, haven't we? And now snow is in the forecast for tomorrow.
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Birthday celebrations are always fun! You took some great photos! Good times. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great time for everybody! I'd never heard of a 'selfie booth'. Love the idea! And the photos! Glad the drive home was a bit better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun party! Glad you and Joe had a good time! Milestone birthdays are fun and so are anniversaries! Happy week and stay warm and dry! :-}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.