Thursday, February 8, 2018

CHICKEN WINGS AND A TARGET HAUL


Last Saturday my friend Donna and I got together for lunch.  It seems as if it has been forever since we saw each other.  Both of us have December birthdays and we hadn't had a chance to celebrate so Saturday was all about us!  

We went to East Coast Wings and Grill -- one of our favorite places.  We weren't sure how it would be because the Super Bowl (GO EAGLES) was the next day, but it was pretty empty.  I guess everyone was getting ready for the big game.

After we ate we both decided to go to Target to get some groceries.  There was no way we were going to go to Shop Rite even though it was right next door.  That place was a mad house with people picking up food for their Super Bowl parties.

We both got everything that we needed and you know it wasn't just food this girl got.  How can you go into Target and not stop at the Dollar Spot?  I know some people, including my sister, are not Target fans, but I always find something in there I can use.  So here, dear friends, is my Target haul for you to see.


Last October I got a pretty orange and black bowl for Halloween.  Now they had the same bowl but decorated for Valentine's Day.  How cute!



I love the inside color and the little "XOXO" in gold on the side.



We've been using the Mrs. Meyers hand soap in the bathroom.  I saw on some of the vlogs I follow that people were loving the radish scent.  Radish?  I decided to try it.  It has a clean, fresh sort of peppery scent.  Very nice!  I am surprised how much I like it.  And the olive oil and aloe in the soap leaves your hands feeling so nice.


I was looking for something different to put on my front door.  Everything that I liked was so expensive.  But I found this little hanging pillow for only $3.00.  It is so cute.  I was going to decorate it, but decided at this point to just hang it on the door as is.  Maybe next January I will put something together.



And then I found this infinity scarf.  It was the only one left with this pattern.  So pretty.



I've already worn it.



And finally I got this basket to use in the pantry.  This was not in the Dollar Spot and was a little pricy, but it's a sturdy basket that I think will do just what I want it to do and last a long time.



It's a hard plastic and I really like the sweet design on the sides.



I'm working on redoing the pantry and will show you the before and after when I'm finished.  I think it will be nice and much easier to find things when I'm finished.

And that's it for today.  Hope you have a good one and see you later.

Kathy

Weather in Philadelphia:
Mostly sunny
High:  36*F     Low: 24*F
Sunrise:  7:01 a.m.     Sunset:  5:28 p.m.
10 hours and 27 minutes of daylight!

8 comments:

  1. I love to see haul posts and you scored big time,, I love that scarf especially!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Dollar area in Target- where most everything I like is THREE dollars. lol

    You got a nice haul there and I LOVE that infinity scarf. I think I need to look for that one.

    Hope you have a great Thursday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were oable to spend time with your friend, and your Target visit was fantastic. I especially like the little bowl. You are so smart to organize your shelves...I need to do the same but keep putting it off. Maybe you will inspire me, like you did with the blanket. lol Have a productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it sounds like you ladies had a very enjoyable day celebrating your belated birthdays. You found some wonderful bargains. That's my kind of shopping! You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, So nice to have a day out with your good friend. Enjoyed a great lunch and some shopping. I miss those day with my friend Carol..we tried to be together once a month. Good thing you bought food too, what with all the snow headed your way. Be safe, stay warm. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was nice that you were able to spend some time with your friend and enjoy a belated birthday meal looks like you got some nice bits from Target as well, Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We go to Target more often now because it is right down the street for our 'new' home. You got some very cute things!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Mrs Meyers soap too. Lavender, bluebell, lemon verbena are nice. Will have to check that one out. Glad you had fun with your friend for your birthdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.