Wednesday, January 3, 2018

SNOW




The freezing cold continues.  Right now it has warmed up to a balmy 8*F (-13*C).  My sister has it worse though.  It's only 5*F (-15*C) at her house.  We are to have 6 more days of this weather until it warms up.  Since I have cold-induced asthma I am staying inside.  I have not left the house since I came home from church on Sunday.  This afternoon it is supposed to go up in the high 20s so I am going to try to get to ShopRite and do some food shopping.  We are not out of food, but we are getting a bit low.  If it is too cold though, we will just make do and stay home.

More snow is predicted for tonight and into tomorrow.  So I thought I would show you the last snow we got which was last Saturday.  It seems to snow at the end of each week.


We didn't get much and it was light.





Joe and I headed over to church and cleaned the steps and sidewalk of the church and parsonage and put down lots of salt.  It was more ice than snow.

We wanted to make sure everything was good for the church service the next day.  Our pastor was away and look who was our guest speaker.


He did a good job backed by lots of prayer.

I hope this latest storm just passes us by.  I am so ready for warmer clear weather.

Kathy


Weather in Philly:
Mostly sunny
High:  29*F (-2*C)
Low:  7*F (-14*C)
Sunrise:  7:22 a.m.     Sunset:  4:48 p.m.
9 hours and 26 minutes of daylight


13 comments:

  1. It’s been a blast, but not a fun one. Hope there’s enough break in the temps for you to get out. One must have some comforts to weather a snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is cold everywhere this week. We have a cold rain this morning and I hope I don't have to go out. We are sissies here in Florida...heehee! Take care and stay bundled up! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finally got above zero degrees here..but with wind chill it is well below zero. It has been a long, cold winter here so far---really cold since Thanksgiving. ugh!

    Hope you have a good day. By all means stay inside if you have cold induced asthma. I have one daughter that has that also. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the warmth returns to you and us as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have asthma too and the cold makes it worse. So I don't get out often in the cold weather either. Spring and Fall are my best seasons. For breathing. I'm lucky though to have oxygen handy.

    Here's hoping this new storm doesn't find its way to you. We are expecting probably a foot of snow, and in some places 12-18 inches. Yikes! I guess it's going to be a good winter to stay indoors and do crafts. You stay warm, and have a great day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just take care of yourself, and if too cold, stay inside. If you do go out, be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby it's cold outside! We've been in low 40s this week. By mid afternoon it's chilly and I was out for dinner with Tamara. We were so cold in Carl's Jr. no snow. Huddle under a blanket for a bit last night when I got home. Feeling low as I've got a cold coming on I'm fighting. A coworker had one and now it's getting me I'm thinking. Stay warm and glad Joe was able to be out and about and preach on Sunday! Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comes to mind, "this too will pass", it just feels like it never will when it forces us to stay inside, no sun shine coming through our windows. I don't miss the cold, I do miss the snow at times but living in southern Ca has spoiled me. Encouraging to read you did the important things despite the cold, go to church and the store, food for the soul, food for the body to keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cold on the mountain, single digits and now a toasty 20. Have been away from blogging for a while; attempting to write a little now. I enjoy your posts.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm ready for this icy cold grip to be gone! I've not gone out much this week either. At least today got above 20 :)
    Take care, stay well and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Garfield! We both love lasagna.Could use a big pan of it about now....I guess I'll
    deal with the snow. What I am NOT looking towards is the forecasted minus 10 degree wind chill for tomorrow & Saturday! That does NOT sound good. Please stay inside,wrapped in a blanket & watch a movie ...or two! Stay snug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learn new things everyday. I never heard of cold induced asthma. I am beginning to think that I have 9 p.m. induced asthma. Every night I need my inhaler. I bet that guest speaker did a great job filling in for the pastor. Blessings to you and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.