Monday, January 22, 2018

JANUARY TOILETRIES



I love a sale, don't you?  And that's why I love going to Rite Aid because there is always a sale going on there.  Just look at the cool stuff I got.

My skin gets so dry in the winter.  I have been using a lot of hand cream.  So this was a great find for me.  It was in the after-Christmas sale for 50% off.


I have never heard of J.R. Watkins, but the hand cream is really nice.  It's made with shea butter.


Lemon Cream and Coconut Milk and Honey


Lavender Aloe and Green Tea

They smell amazing!  I am using the Lemon Cream now.  It smells like those lemon sandwich cookies.  Now I want cookies.

The other thing I bought was a collection of Burt's Bees lip balm.



Mango, Pomegranate, Vanilla Bean and Beeswax.  I like the Pomegranate best because it gives my lips a bit of color.  But getting them all at half price -- well, I'll take it.  I usually can't afford Burt's Bees products.

Not to be outdone, Joe just bought a collection from a company called Brickell.


For $6 he got a whole box of cute little samples.


Some were little jars of creams.



And some samples were in little jars.



You can see how little they are.  But they seem to have quite a bit of product inside.  Certainly enough for at least three uses.



Better still when he lifted up the cardboard that the little jars were in, underneath was a lot more sample packages that they sent for free.


After Joe uses some of these products I will let you know how they are.  

Now we are all ready to be beautiful during this winter weather.

Kathy

11 comments:

  1. I have used Watkins products for years. They used to be door-to-door sales -kind of like Avon. They have something called petro-carbo salve and it is the best 'healer' that I have ever come across--I bought a tin for each of my kids. You know how bad a hangnail hurts? Well, a bit of that salve on the finger, covered with a bandaid, and overnight all the pain and soreness is gone.

    Have a wonderful week, Kathy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Watkins products were a win! Win!! But Joe really upped you with his bargain!
    How exciting to get even MORE than you bargained for! After Christmas I shopped Big Lits and bought a bib box of gourmet hot chocolates. Amber was hosting a celebration with Mikes family so I gave her the box of hot chocolate to serve the children, this whole box was about 14 inches by 18 inches and was made up of a dozen small boxes. We sat in the living room and unwrapped one of them and it contained ONE packet of hot chocolate! Lots of packaging. Very little product. The opposite of Joe’s bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great find you have and hope it is all good for you and Joe. I use a cream from the Dollar Store and it is fantastic, and the price, $1.00 is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bargain is always a fun find and those lotions sound like they smell divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congratulations on your wonderful bargains. I love a good bargain. I do my homework before I shop. I always like to get more than a dollars worth for my dollar. hahaha. Today I got good news from my eye doctor. My eyes are perfectly healthy and my vision is just fine. Today is a great day! I hope your day is great too. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bargains! I've used the Watkins lotions. They were usually the small purse size for me. Wow, Joe's purchase is really something!! Rather unusual to get more than you bargained for these days.
    Enjoy your evening, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bargains are a wonderful thing, Kathy, especially on products that are useful especially now. The names on the skin creams and lip balms would make me think of food as well. Glad Joe also got a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is SO fun to find great bargains like that! Good for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You both got great deals! Can't beat the 'extra' Joe found. Good thing he lifted the cardboard.I go through a LOT of hand cream in the winter (dry skin),so I'm always buying more. Right now I'm using a large tube from Dollar Tree that smells like coconut.
    It works pretty well.Kudos to you for getting such great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great buys Kathy! Watkins products are great and to find them in this sweet little package at 50% off was double the fun! Wonderful products for your husband too! Don't you love the smell of a drug store??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I’ve told you this before, but now I really do need to go shopping with you!! Great Grest finds!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.