Wednesday, January 31, 2018

CLOSING OUT JANUARY


J A N U A R Y

OK, how is it the end of the month?  Didn't the year just start?  At least it feels that way to me.  Let's see what I can talk about today.

We had snow and cold temperatures.  Very cold temperatures.  I can't remember the last time it was in the teens for days on end.

Because it was so cold I really didn't do much this month.  I stayed in the house a lot and because I was still feeling the effects from my fall in December, I slept a lot.  I guess I was hibernating!  But now that the weather is getting better and warmer I hope to be doing more.

I took my finished temperature blanket and added a two inch white border around it instead of leaving it fringe.  It looks so much better and lays better too.  I haven't taken a picture of it because Joe uses it all the time.  But here's what it looked like before.

Here is October's section.  See the 80* pink section?  How I wish!



 The November section.  Not too bad.


 And the December section.  Now the cold hit.  Look at the end of the month with all the gray.  That stands for 19* and under.


And here's the entire thing before I added the border.

I liked doing this so much that I joined a couple of groups on facebook that do temperature blankets.  I never realized there were so many ways to do them.  So I've started another blanket for 2018.  I'm doing this one corner to corner and in garter stitch so it has a completely different look even though I am using the same colors.  Here is January's section.  It was so cold that for the first time I had to use navy since the temperatures were in the single digits.


I am so excited to see how this will turn out.

I am also working on two scarves in ivory for two of my friends who are having birthdays. I am having lunch with Donna on Saturday.  I am almost finished with the first one so I think I will be OK with that.  Chris' birthday is the 6th so I have to move with that one.  I'm glad I have the Crafters meeting on Friday so I will have 1 1/2 hours to work on them.

I hope February will be more interesting.  I know I have a few things coming up that I will take you along with.  It's just no fun to blog a boring day and there have been a lot of them because of the cold.  I'm so looking forward to being able to get out in the yard and start gardening.

So before I end you know I have to show you a picture from my Breathtaking Views calendar.  This is the lighthouse at Grand Haven, Michigan.


Enjoy your day, everyone!

Kathy

Weather in Philly:
Mostly sunny
High:  34*F     Low:  17*F
Sunrise:  7:09 a.m.     Sunset:  5:18 p.m.
10 hours and 9 minutes of daylight

13 comments:

  1. Love your temperature blanket! Looking forward to seeing the new one progress. Yes, it was indeed cold ....cold is not my favorite :(
    God bless your day today, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your temperature blanket and you inspired me. Not doing the temperature, but using up all my leftover yarn and just going to keep going until I have the length I want for the bed. I made sure it is wide enough when I started. It has turned cold on us again, so guess winter is going to hang around a little while longer........brrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Linda"s Life Journal. Your blanket is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your temperature quilt turned out!!!! I had never even heard the term before I saw it on your blog. That one one is going to be fantastic, too! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh your blanket is beautiful I've never heard of these,, they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of a temperature blanket but it is very interesting and I do love all the colors! That's a good thing to work on when it's so cold (knitting). My father grew up outside of Philly and being a lover of history, he took his kids around to all the historic places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blanket turned out really pretty.I bet it is really warm too! Can't wait to see how the new one progresses. Love the picture at the end! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Love those colors! And the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blanket turned out really great. The new one looks like it will be a very interesting pattern. I just love that lighthouse with the bridge going through it. Wow! You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very colorful blanket, Kathy, and I liked your choice of colors to show the temperature ranges. Good luck with finishing the scarves in time for your friends' birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your temperature blanket looks great and I like the corner idea for this year's project! Stay warm up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand why Joe is under your beautiful blanket, it’s great!
    Your hands are busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your temperature afghan is pretty and am sure it will be cozy to be underneath of it. Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.