Monday, January 1, 2018

CLOSING OUT DECEMBER


During the month of December I did my first Blogmas.  It was fun and I think I will do this each year.  Did you enjoy it?  I hope so.  It was a challenge to post every day and I did miss a few days, but I almost made it to 25 days.  A challenge for next year.

I showed you a lot of my decorating, but not all.  It just got to be too challenging.  But I will show you my birthday gifts here which I hadn't photographed until this morning.

From Joe:
A beautiful sweatshirt.  I saw it in Cracker Barrel in Lancaster and fell in love with it so he bought it for me.



Two lockets.  The top one says "I love you" and the bottom one says "Faith, Hope, Love, Peace".  So beautiful.  I asked him why he got me two and he said he couldn't decide between them.  What a guy!



And then these beautiful blown glass butterflies on mirrored stands.  Oh how gorgeous!  Right now they are in tissue paper in their boxes.  I will put them on my shelf come spring and leave them out until fall.  Unless I find a really good place to put them where they won't be broken.



My sister, Elaine gave me:

A beautiful black lacquered box with a silver butterfly on the front.  I love it.




This funny mug that I know was meant for me since I must be the Sister of the Century.  I tried to take a picture of the back, but it didn't turn out.  The back says, "A local woman received the coveted Sister of the Century Award and was presented with a rare and expensive mug to commemorate the occasion.  'My sister has the best sister' she is quoted as stating upon receipt of the prestigious award.  She later added: 'And no, you can't borrow it.'  A parade in her honor is scheduled for..."  So cute.  I like it that my sister knows she has the best sister.  Ha, ha!



And finally this beautiful swan.  We had one similar to it on our dining room table when we were small and that's where this is going to go.



And finally my neighbor Chrissy.  She knows I love the Peanuts cartoons so got me this awesome calendar.  I think I will use it each month right here in the blog.


Again I have made no progress with my temperature afghan.  I have been too busy knitting Christmas gifts.  That had a deadline.  But I am planning on finishing it this week and then you will see it.

I will end with the Breathtaking Views calendar page.  I have a new one for this year so your views will go on.

Historic Marblehead Lighthouse -- Northwest Ohio

And that's it for this time.  I have lots more ideas for posts this month.  Hope you'll come back and join me.  Have a wonderful day!

Kathy


Weather in Philly:
Mostly clear
High:  20*F (-7*C)
Low: 2*F  (-17*C)
Sunrise:  7:22 a.m.     Sunset:  4:46 p.m.
9 hours and 24 minutes of daylight.

18 comments:

  1. Kathy, I thought I had left you a Happy Birthday message, but it's been so busy around here, I can't remember. So a Belated Happy Birthday dear friend, it looks as if you were showered with many gifts, all so very lovely and thoughtful.
    I enjoyed reading your posts throughout December, and thought you did very well, posting almost every day, and sharing your beautiful decorating with us.
    So, Wishing you and Joe a Healthy and Happy New Year, and here's to lots more blogging fun in the coming New Year.
    Stay warm !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. Hope 2018 is a wonderful year for you and your family.

      Delete
  2. what beautiful gifts!!! The swan is amazing,, I have never saw one like that,, happy new year to you and your husband,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurie. Happy New Year to you and your family as well.

      Delete
  3. Oh- What wonderful gifts all the way around, Kathy! Love the swan and the cup is pretty funny. I love Cracker Barrel's gift shop. We don't have one anywhere near us. I think our closest one is about 90 miles away. We stop there when we travel though. Your lockets are very sweet as is everything else.

    Happy 2018!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! Hope your 2018 is wonderful!

      Delete
  4. Great gifts and thanks for sharing pictures. Stay warm and safe and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed coming here every day to read your posts. I'm hoping that you contine posting daily. Pretend it's a "Blog-A-Day-athon" and give it a try. I, for one, will enjoy it. Your birthday gifts are beautiful. What a wonderful hubby you are blessed with. Pogo and I want to wish you both a Happy and Healthy New Year. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edna, I do blog just about every day but now I won't have the pressure to post it at 1 a.m. if I've missed a day. Don't worry, you will see me at least 5 times a week. I'm not going anywhere! So glad you enjoy my little blog.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful gifts and all so thoughtful. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am blessed for sure. Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  7. I totally enjoyed your December posts....posting everyday is something I'm not sure I'd ever accomplish. You did really good!
    Love your gifts! Your Joe is a keeper for sure :)
    Take care and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really made out like a burglar this year for your birthday. Ha! Ha! That Joe, He really has love for you to give you all those beautiful gifts. I am happy that you had a wonderful birthday and so many wonderful gifts. You are truly loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some great gifts!! I love the pink sweatshirt! Your hubby did you proud!! Yes, I enjoyed your blogmas posts and will look forward to them this year! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is seriously COLD where you live!!!
    Lots of lovely gifts! Each one was a delight to see. You are a loved lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday and a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joe is such a love. All your gifts are beautiful!The lockets & swan are my favorites.
    I really enjoyed your Blogmas. You did a great job considering it was amid all your holiday commitments.Looking forward to you doing one for 2018.
    Wishing you & yours all blessings for 2018!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.