Sunday, December 31, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Hello and welcome to my blog.  I am so far behind with all I want to show and tell to you.  You will be in a time warp for a few days.  But don't worry, I'll catch up... sooner or later.

No, today is not my birthday.  It was two days ago.  But who doesn't want to celebrate on and on.  I was holding off on doing this post because I wanted to show you the wonderful gifts I got.  But I still haven't had time to photograph them so I decided to just go without.  I'll try to get them to you tomorrow.

Joe was going to make me breakfast, but I got up way before him and didn't want to wait.  So I made my own breakfast -- eggs, bacon and potatoes.  But for lunch, he took me to the Chinese Buffet.  This is not to be confused with the Hibachi Grill which we went to last week.  What a treat.  We haven't been there in awhile.  I had been wanting sushi so that's where we headed.

Related image

It was so sweet of him since he wasn't really in the mood for Chinese food.

After we ate, he headed one way to Modell's and I headed in the other direction to Ross.  I wanted to see what they had in after Christmas sales.  Well, not much.  Since Ross is already discounted, there wasn't a lot more to discount.  I did get a pack of 100 sheets of Christmas tissue paper for $3 and a large bag of Ghiradelli Christmas chocolates for $2.50 that I am giving to a friend of mine.  The dish we keep by the table for our keys, etc. broke and I did find a really pretty gold and silver dish to take it's place for $1.  It says it's a Christmas dish, but I think you could leave it out all year.  It's just a gold and silver dish. 

Joe met me there and got himself a pair of pants for $9.  Can't beat that.  I have to get myself there more often.  Most of the time they have things there that are just one of them.  If you snooze, you lose.  It's a great place to buy gifts.

I took a nap in the afternoon.  Wonderful!  Then for dinner Joe made me lemon chicken and roasted potatoes.  For dessert we had the Christmas tree cakes we bought to take to my sister's and then left in the fridge.  *sigh*



In the evening my friend, Chrissy, came over and stayed a couple of hours talking.  I hardly ever see her anymore even though she lives next-door!  It was nice.

I got 43 birthday wishes on facebook.  That was so nice.

So now I'm another year older and deeper in debt as they say.  And it's New Year's Eve.  I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year.  I'll be back tomorrow with my monthly goodbye to the month post.  See you then.

Kathy





16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good birthday, with good food, and shopping! Happy New Year and hope 2018 is your best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! it had all the earmarks of a great day🎈

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated birthday to you!!! Sounds like you had a great day and those are the cutest Christmas Tree cakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday sweet friend! I hope you celebrate all weekend...until the end of the year! heehee! Sending you lots of birthday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday!! Pogo and I hope your New Year's weekend is super. And safe. We are going to watch the fireworks displays on TV in the comfort of our living room. That's if we can stay awake long enough. hahahaha.

    Your little Christmas tree cakes look delicious. I'm working on a batch of cookies that my daughter in law baked for me. Mmmmmm! I'm wishing you a fantastic new year. May it bring you good health and happiness. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birthdays around Christmas are sometimes hard but you managed to “break that mold”! That Christmas tree cake looks scrumptious!
    Happy Birthday Kathy!
    Happy New Year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Of course, just keep on celebrating :) Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
    Love the little cakes!
    Happy New Year! I think we will stay in tonight. It's way too cold to venture out anyway, brrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you had a great birthday---stretch it out as long as you can! lol
    I love those little Christmas Tree cakes...and I love the light pink heart shaped ones that are out, too.

    Hope you have a blessed, wonderful 2018. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm smiling because YOU are smiling in the photo! Smiles are contagious, aren't they? Wishing you a new birthday AND calendar year of smiles! There are always bumps in the road but your smiling attitude will sail right over them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. do you owe your soul to the company store? as that old song says? Happy Birthday to you, Kathy! Nice of your husband to take you out to a restaurant you like. I like those Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes. This year we had the chocolate ones. There's one left. Speaking of birthdays, I just booked a room at a hotel in WA in Feb as my sis and I are getting together then for our bday get together. She's been down here alot this year. I miss going to WA so that's close to her. Can't wait! Good deals too. Happy New year with blessings and joy throughout your days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was so sweet of Joe! Like a whole day of surprises! Sounds like a really great day. The little trees look so pretty,almost too good to eat! ha ha
    Wishing you & Joe a happy,healthy & joyous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am getting here to late for the party but I hope you had a very happy birthday. I like the scarf that is around your neck. Such a great photo! Happy New year to you and Joe. May the Lord bless and keep you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the Happy Birthday smile!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR.....with peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.