Tuesday, December 5, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 3 - THIS AND THAT




Hello and welcome to Blogmas Day 3.  Today I am going to catch you up on what has been going on with me and Joe.

First of all let me show you the beautiful new house number that Joe bought in Kitchen Kettle Village when we were in Lancaster over Thanksgiving.  It is so unique and no one I know in this neighborhood has one like it.


How many men does it take to hang a door sign?  Apparently in this case, three.  Joe and two of our neighbors each of which had their own idea on how it should be attached to the house.  But it's up now and beautiful.  And we can get different ones and switch it out according to the seasons or holidays.  Very cool.

Joe's cousin is in the hospital, so we went to visit him after Joe was finished at the eye doctor's office on Wednesday.  They were having a pet themed craft show in the lobby.  I was able to get Jack a catnip filled fish toy which he loves and plays with every day.

On the way home we drove through Chinatown.  I really wanted to stop and get Chinese food but I couldn't find any parking.  So we went to Hibachi Grill which is close to home.  Oh so good.  I was so stuffed from my lunch there that I couldn't eat dinner.  I love this place.  And as you can see in this picture there is plenty to choose from.


Joe and I celebrate Advent every year.  A few years ago I found an Advent candle that you burn down a bit each day.  As Advent goes on, the candle gets shorter.  We read scripture, a devotional, and watch a short musical video from Dr. David Jeremiah online each evening as the candle burns.  It's a very meaningful time for us.  I was fortunate enough to find another one for us to use this year.



The tree in our yard was green for so long.  It finally turned this beautiful golden color.  I wish I knew what kind of tree it is.  I know it's pretty.


I have to get on to my cookie baking, house cleaning and decorating.  More posts to come.  Enjoy your day!

Kathy



17 comments:

  1. Yum on Chinese food here too! Love your Advent candle as it helps to remember the reason for the season. Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Too many people forget what Christmas means.

      Delete
  2. Kathy, I think The house numbers is very pretty. I like that the neighbors were helping. :) Seems you and Joe always have plenty to do. I fear winter is on it's way. We have been blessed with glorious weather. Take care of each other. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I ever had time to have a job. I am always busy.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet little address sign Kathy...looks so pretty! Yes, time for cookie baking and cozy sweaters! Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy. I need to start those Christmas cookies soon!

      Delete
  4. That is a cute house sign! Does it have one with poinsettias on it? I really enjoy David Jermiah as well and that Advent candle is perfect. I’d like to find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found my candle on Amazon. Look under Advent candles

      Delete
  5. Love the house number sign Kathy, how very unique !
    Looks like the buffet was a great choice of lunch, I bet you couldn't fit everything on your plates :)
    Hope you are staying well, and enjoy your week.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had two plates and couldn't even think of dessert. You never leave this buffet hungry that's for sure.

      Delete
  6. With those cute new numbers on your home, people will know that you love your home.
    That is a great candle.

    Ahhhh... Jack the cat. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack is... well... Jack. He doesn't bother with us much. Sort of lives his own life. We hardly ever see him. But the mouse problem is gone.

      Delete
  7. I really love your house number. People will know that someone who is very caring and special lives there. Butterflies......lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe wants to save up to get different ones and switch them out. Summer, fall, winter, patriotic, Christmas, etc. You can get anything at Kitchen Kettle Village.

      Delete
  8. That candle is so unique...as is your new house number sign. I love that you can change out the number sign with the seasons. That Chinese buffet looks amazing! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buffet is amazing. And if you don't like Chinese food they have spaghetti, steak, green beans, potatoes, etc.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful house number! I think it would be a great idea to be able to change them out seasonally. Even if at first it is spring/summer then fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.