Sunday, December 24, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 20 -- IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE


Hello and welcome to Day 20 of Blogmas 2017.  This will be the last day of Blogmas this year, but I enjoyed doing it so much that I will make it part of my yearly celebration.  I hope you all enjoyed it too.  And to my new followers and readers, welcome!  I'm so glad you are here and hope you are enjoying my blog.  I know I am tired because I just wrote "I hope you are annoying my blog."  Ha, ha!

I was up until 3:00 a.m. this morning wrapping gifts.  I spent over 4 hours doing this.  I usually wrap all the stocking gifts also, but I said to myself not this year.  I'm just too tired.  I had hidden the gifts all over the house and couldn't remember where all I hid them.  I would say, "Finally I'm finished" and then find another bag of gifts.  I know there is at least one gift for my sister that Joe bought for her that we can't find, but that will have to be for her birthday in July.  Believe me, she won't be out any.  She has lots of gifts to open.  I really went overboard this year.  But none of it is charged so I don't have bills hanging over my head for months to come.

Because I was so busy I didn't get any baking done.  None.  I am so disappointed.  But Joe said Christmas cookies are still good on New Year's Eve and I can do it this coming week.  He is right. I had to take some of the stress off of myself because I was ending up crying every day.  I always give out bags of homemade cookies at church on the last Sunday before Christmas.  Joe says now I have something to blog about this coming week -- show you a different cookie every day.

After we come home from church today we will grab something small to eat, pack up the car, and head to my sister's house.  It's always fun to spend Christmas there and yes, you will be coming with me.

Last night my knee felt good so I forgot and accidentally kneeled on my sore knee. I experienced some of the worst pain I have ever had.  It was so bad!  OK.  I won't be doing that again any time soon.  

Joe and I had to run out yesterday afternoon for a couple of last minute items and look what I found at Rite Aid.  I fell in love with it and since it was 50% off, I got it.  This is not a good picture of the hanging (it's even a little blurry!) and I will take it again in daylight to show you.  So pretty and sparkly!


I also got myself a new bracelet that matched my outfit.  I'm going to enjoy wearing this.


Again, not a good picture.  I don't know what was wrong last night but even the selfie I take for the beginning of this post I had to do about 10 times.  Everything was blurry.  Maybe my hand was shaking?

I am going to end and get started on my day.  I'm glad we are not going to the midnight service at my sister's church tonight.  I don't think I would make it.  Seven p.m. sounds good to me. 

Maybe I can get a couple of hours sleep now before I have to get ready for church.  I sure hope so.  I'm tired.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!  I'm looking forward to seeing all your posts on this special day.  Be prepared for picture overload.  There's still a lot of Christmas to show you.

Merry Christmas!
Kathy



9 comments:

  1. oh my goodness you have been busy and don't worry about the baking,, theres lots of time to enjoy the cookies and homemade or store bought its no difference,, its the who you enjoy to share them with that counts.I wish you were closer I would bring you some!!!
    Hope you can catch a cat nap,, Merry Christmas !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is right. Cookies will taste good after Christmas too. Enjoy your time being with your family. I've enjoyed your Blogmas posts. It was such a fun idea.

    Be careful with your knee. I hope it heals really soon. Today I'll be putting away all the wrapping stuff. Company will be stopping by later. Pogo and I are wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep- Joe is right- why stress yourself out when you have enough going on already? I am done, too, we celebrate with some family tomorrow and then everyone on Tuesday the day after Christmas.
    Wishing you many blessings and lots of love, xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe’s right! Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle. It will only steal your joy and get you to focus on the wrong things. I am so glad that you are going to your sister’s. Safe travels and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I am just now getting caught up with reading your posts tonight. I do hope that you have a Merry Christmas with your sister and enjoy some family time. We got a couple of inches of snow today so it looks like we will be having a white Christmas. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday full of good food and good cheer.
    Have a very Merry Christmas, and we wish you all the best in the New Year, too!
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cookies are good ANY time! Now we get to look forward to you showing us each of them.
    Please be careful with your knee. Enjoy your time with your sister & the sights along the way!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!! (MEOWRY Christmas to Jack! Happy Howlidays to Ace!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get some rest and enjoy this holiday season with cookie baking yet to come.
    Merry Christmas from Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Christmas dinner looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.