Wednesday, December 20, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 17 -- CHRISTMAS IS COMING TOO FAST!


Welcome to Day 17 of Blogmas 2017.  Christmas is coming too fast!  I am no where near ready for it.  Baking, wrapping, decorating.  I don't even have things ready to mail.  And to top it off, I've hurt my leg.

Yes, you read that right.  I fell last Sunday while carrying packages.  Some little cat ran between my feet when I couldn't see him.  He didn't mean to make Mommy fall, but he did.  I hurt both of my knees.  The left one healed up just fine, but the right one is still swollen, bruised, and painful.  It hurts to walk and drive and stand.  I have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow so today I am doing all I can to get ready.  I have a feeling I may have chipped a bone but I'm not a doctor  and I know I need an x-ray to see what is going on.  I am praying I am not in a cast for Christmas because nothing will get done then.

On Monday I took Joe to the cemetery so he could visit the graves of his mom and his twin brother.  I know he misses them especially during this time of year.  I always like taking pictures there.  Especially during the fall.  It's so pretty.  But I don't think I've ever taken pictures during the winter (although winter doesn't technically start until tomorrow) when the trees are bare.  It's interesting to see the "bare bones" of the trees.



Yesterday Debbie and I had a day out.  We began by having lunch at East Coast Wings and Grill -- one of our favorite places.  And to top it off, my customer card had a $10 coupon on it, so our lunches ended up being just $3.50 each.  You can't beat that!


Debbie had the salad and chili and I had my usual 5 wings and tortilla chips.  Each time I try to have a different flavor sauce.  This time it was golden barbecue with mustard and honey.  So good and so sticky!

After we ate, we went food shopping at Shop Rite and then headed to the jewelers because we both needed some watch batteries replaced.  Joe bought me a watch the last time we were at Lenox in Lancaster.  They were on sale because the batteries were dead.  That's an easy fix.  Look how pretty the watch is!  I'm going to enjoy wearing it.


Well off to start my day.  I have a list of 55 things that have to get done today.  Now I can cross "write my blog" off the list.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.  Thanks for stopping by!

Kathy



16 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your fall and I hope and pray nothing is chipped or broken. Take care of you, and dont overdo and hurt it more. I love your watch....I have a watch fetish! lol Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear....a fall can be so bad...hope you feel better soon. I have so enjoyed all you Blogmas posts....great idea Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Kathy, so sorry to read about your hurt knee, Maybe wear one of those brace/support bandages for a few days, and see if it will help support it.
    Your lunch sounds delicious, always a good thing to spend time with friends.
    Loving your Christmas posts.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sorry about your fall! That darn cat ;-))
    Your list is huge....I'm not a list maker but it does cause me to wonder how many things would be on it! Think I'll head to the outlets today. Love your watch! Maybe I need to go to Lenox :)
    I pray you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! And I was hoping you and Joe would both be healthy for Christmas!
    I didn’t know Joe had a twin brother......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so sorry that you’ve hurt your knees. Don’t push things too far... I always like seeing the tree branches once the leaves come off. Here it’s about a 6 month split...six with leaves; six naked as a jaybird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... pray you don’t have to be in a cast!
    Great picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gee KathyI hope your knee is ok, I'm glad you're going to see about it because things can be nasty from a fall,, your lunch sounds really good!! Take care and don't worry,, Christmas will come and go whether we're ready or not lol,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Here's hoping it's just bruised and no bones broken. As for Christmas, don't rush. Things will get done when they get done. This is why I start my Christmas shopping and projects at the beginning of the year. Other wise I'd never have things done on time.

    Your trees at the cemetery are wonderful. I love taking photos of them in all the different seasons. I'm off now to fix some lunch for my little Pogo. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear about your poor knees! I know all about knee problems and wouldn't wish it on anyone! Nice to have a lunch out with your friend!! I always love seeing your photos! Take care and I hope you don't end up in a cast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate to hear that you've hurt yourself too. I hope you feel lots better as the week goes by. Try not to take on so much...I know you want to though! Sending you lots of hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy, Am I going to have to come to your house and wrap you and Joe in some bubble wrap?? :):) You poor kids. I hope you do not have to have a cast or surgery or anything but rest. Oh my goodness $3.50 for lunch, you go girl ! That is a deal. Take care and rest ...remember ice on fresh hurts. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy, You and I are a trip! So sorry about your fall. Right when you needed all the strength you could get for this time of the year. I will pray that you get some assistance for the healing of your knee. Please take care! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so much fun being out together! Really enjoyed myself.Sorry to hear about your fall. I'm praying that the x-ray doesn't reveal you need a cast.Am hoping you & Joe can be healthy for the holidays.Take time to rest!
    ps I like the bubble wrap idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Might as well say that it is here....it really came up on me fast this yr. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you dont mind I hopped over from miss Ednas blog love your blog and photos. hope things go well with the xray.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.