Tuesday, December 19, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 16 - VISITING PHILADELPHIA


Welcome to Day 16 of Blogmas 2017.  Less than a week to go until the big day.  Time is flying along.

I noticed that I have a lot of new readers and new commenters lately.  Welcome!  I'm so glad to have you here.  This blog has sure grown from when I started it for my friends and family to know about my upcoming surgery without repeating it over and over.  I had 3 followers then.  One of those followers was Cherdecor and she still follows me after all these years!

I promised to show you my purple scarf that I knit in three days, so here it is.  It is a pattern I have used often and is easy because it is just repeated over and over.  Now I am knitting another scarf this same color in a different pattern for my friend, Kathy.  I call her the Purple Lady because she loves purple and a lot of the things she wears are purple.

Last week we went to the Veterans Hospital for one of Joe's regular doctor appointments.  On the way back I was looking at the skyline and thinking of the great pictures Joe took for me to show to you the last time we were there.  Then I realized I never showed them to you.  So here they are.

This is my favorite scene when I am heading to the city.  I think our city is so pretty.


A wider shot of the city.


The rest are on the way home.  This is the University Avenue Bridge over the Schuylkill River.



Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) on the left.


Another view of CHOP.



 The Schuylkill River.





Heading towards center city.


And still another of the Schuylkill River.  I love looking at it.  Lots of rowing takes place on this river.



Getting closer to home now.






Another bridge over the river.


We are back in center city now.


How would you like to live in these apartments right on the edge of the river?  I would.


The Girard Point Bridge.  I think.


 The Ben Franklin Bridge over the Delaware River.  We have traveled the entire width of the city a distance of about 10 miles.



Back to Olde City.  And home.


Thank you, Joe, for all the great pictures.


Kathy



6 comments:

  1. Joe did a really good job of picture taking. Living here one sometimes forgets the beauty. As for living by the water? Maybe...but I like saying hello to people in my neighborhood as I walk my dog.Stores are close,it's all here. Think I'll stay.
    Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures, thanks to Joe for taking them and to you for sharing them! I think I'd like to live in a smaller city where I could walk everywhere I needed to....my hubby says NO WAY! So we live in the country :)
    Enjoy your day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are wonderful. I'm not one for living in those super tall apartments buildings though. They are beautiful, but I'm a small town girl at heart. Your scarf is beautiful. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice photos! I feel as if I’ve taken a tour. I visited Philadelphia eons ago. I don’t think I’d recognize the skyline. Your purple scarf is a nice color and a nice pattern...I like those points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pictures there in PA. Although I lived way up on the top side of PA I loved Philly. Love the purple scarf, Kathy. Hope you 'temperature' afghan is still in the works. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Joe is from Philly and we have been there many times. Happy to visit but would not like living there now. We don't like the cold, the snow, or the traffic! Thanks for the great photos of a truly beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.