Monday, December 18, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 15 - THE CHRISTMAS CAFE



Hello and welcome to Day 15 of Blogmas 2017.  A week from today is the big day.  I have come to the conclusion that I can only do what I can do and so if I don't get totally decorated, that's OK.  I need the house clean more than I need things around.  I am taking the pressure off of myself.

Last night was the Christmas Café at church.  It's something that was started about 11 years ago.  I said to Joe last night that each year is different and has its own vibe and that's true.  There are no two cafes that are the same.  This year we had a trio from one of our sister churches come to perform for us.  They were really good.  Too bad so few people showed up.  But we had a wonderful time.



The singer had a beautiful voice.

Everyone enjoyed themselves.



Here's Joe and Jim.  They are looking very intense in this photo.  I guess they were really into the music.



There was so much food!  Cookies, cakes, taco salad and chips.  I brought chocolate covered pretzels.



Coffee and punch.  And there's Pastor ready to serve people.



Each table had two white poinsettias that we were invited to take home with us.  I didn't because (a) we have a cat who would eat them and (b) I don't really like poinsettias that much.




The church was decorated so beautifully.










At the end we had a Christmas carol sing along.  We could choose any carol and everyone sang it.  That's my pastor standing in the last video leading the singing.





I hope you enjoyed coming along with me to the café.  I wish each and every one of you could have been there with me.  Maybe next year some of you will be able to join me.  Wouldn't that be fun?

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. I did enjoy visiting with you and it does look beautiful!! Thanks so much, have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! Enjoyed seeing the pictures and so glad you had a good time. Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was simply wonderful! Thank you for taking us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice!! Thanks for including your readers :)
    I'm struggling this year with having enough energy to do all I'd like to. I've been doing more childcare so not a whole lot of extra time. Like you, I need to take the pressure off and let things go....just hope no one is disappointed.
    God bless your day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice event and those who didn't come missed a special time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, we do put pressure on ourselves at holiday time. Hope you can relax. I loved the singing at your church. Wish more people would attend, you have a lovely church to gather, filled with love and fellowship. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fine evening you enjoyed. There’s something very special about food, fellowship and Christmas music. The singer does have a lovely voice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful cafe you had at church, Kathy. You are the only other person I know that is not fond of poinsettias. I feel guilty when I say that I don't care for them but they are just not a favorite for me either.
    Blessings to you and Joe and Merry Christmas- xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the videos! Such beautiful voices! Poinsettias may look pretty as decoration but I weigh in they are not among my favorites. But if we all liked the same thing,wouldn't that be a bit dull? Looks like everyone had a great time. Glad to hear you're cutting yourself some slack. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.