Friday, December 15, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 13 -- TODAY


Hello and welcome to Blogmas 2017.  It's day 13 already.  How did that happen?

Well the good news is I am making progress in getting things out of the house and cleaning up.  This is making me very happy.  I woke up at 3:30 this morning, couldn't go back to sleep, and decided to get moving on my project.  I did a lot before I fell asleep again around 5:30.

While I was cleaning up I kept hearing this sound.  I couldn't figure out what it was until I looked over and saw Jack asleep on the recliner.  And he was snoring.  Loudly.


This morning was Crafters at church.  Only Kathy and I showed up.  It was a profitable time, though, because I finished up the purple scarf I was knitting.  Another scarf finished in two days.  You will see me wear it in a few days.

After I took Kathy home, Joe and I went to visit one of our congregants who was in the hospital.  He had a very bad fall and broke several bones.  It was good to see John again.  I haven't seen him in a long time.  While Joe visited with him, I sat in the lobby area and read a book.  There was a beautiful Christmas tree there and I was able to get a picture of it.


It was flurrying when we headed for the hospital and when we came out it was really bad.  Joe had to clean off the car before we left and it was very slippery driving home.  I drove slowly and kept a lot of distance between me and the other cars.  It took us a long time to get home.

When we finally got here, we got a cup of tea to warm us up and then Joe went out to hang some suet for the birds.  We will put out seed in the morning.





And a short video.


I also thought I would show you some of my decorating.  I put poinsettias in the pot by my front door.  I think they look nice with the snow on them.



I told you I move things.  I finally got the table by the sofa cleared off and moved the nativity set there.  It's a much better size for it and looks better on the wood than the tablecloth.


Of course I had to put something on the other table.  I put out my two nutcrackers and my old world Santa that I got last year.  A much better fit because they are larger.  (Yes, I know the Santa nutcracker says 11 days to Christmas.  Joe pointed it out and changed it to 10.)


The last thing I want to show you is our St. Nicholas Day gifts.  Do you celebrate St. Nicholas Day?  I wish I could do it better than I do.  On St. Nicholas Day (December 6) in some European countries, mainly The Netherlands, people exchange gifts and then on Christmas they celebrate the religious aspect of the season.  Much more reasonable to me.  So on St. Nicholas Day Joe and I exchange small gifts.  This year we got mugs that we can use not just now, but all winter.  Aren't they nice?  I found them at Target.


Joe's says "Warm & Cozy" and mine says "Cup of Cheer".  The gold accents are so pretty.

And that's it!  Now I'm off to start dinner.  Chicken, potatoes and corn tonight.  Then I think I will crash.  I'm so tired!

Have a great night everyone.

Kathy



13 comments:

  1. Kathy, I love the print at the end of your post. You and Joe have such good hearts, visiting the friend in the hospital....please be safe yourselves out there while it's slick. Waking up so early is awful.. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your decorations, they are very nice. Be safe if you have to go out and drive in the snow. Sleep good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a busy couple day, Kathy. Looking forward to seeing your new scarf. I drove through some really heavy snow the other day, too. I think we got about 8" here by the bay. Glad you are getting lots done on your 'cleaning up' project, Kathy.

    Hope you and Joe have a blessed night and weekend! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty Nativity! Be careful on that wet snow up there! Looks like you are ready for Christmas and the mugs you got for St. Nicholas Day are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mugs! Your moving of decorations has proved to be a success :) I've been doing it all week too!
    You are so brave to drive in the snow. I'm a wimp. If a flurry falls I stay in!!
    Hope you enjoy a good nights rest; it's well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree in the hospital is so pretty! I love the snow on the poinsettias. Makes them look decorated too.Hope you & Joe many happy & warm cuppas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats so funny about Jack snoring lol,, your mugs are lovely , such a nice tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting up at 3 a.m. will do that to a person! It is wonderful that you and Joe get out to visit people in the hospital. I like your poinsettias with snow on them, too. Your weather sounds like mine...two more snow days coming next week. It’s the cost of clean-up that slays me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cups!
    It sounds like the holidays are being celebrated properly by you two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, no wonder you are tired. You've had a very long and busy day. I love your decorations and the red mugs. Celebrating with the gifts on St Nicholas Day sounds the way it should be. December 25 should be forcelebrating Jesus' birthday. But we can do that anyway. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many pretty things to look at here: Poinsettias, Santas, New mugs, and is that Joe outside without his coat on???? He must be feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That little dog in the picture is a dog breed called "Keeshound". We have one that we found right out on the street! My wife love you, and your blog, & that picture. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.