Wednesday, December 13, 2017

BLOGMAS DAY 11 - WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING


Welcome to Day 11.  Can you believe it?  This month is going way too fast.  I thought I would take a pause here and catch you up on what's been happening.

On Monday the 4th Joe began complaining of a great deal of pain in his hip and leg.  It got no better so on Tuesday he went to the doctor.  He has some pain killers and an appointment with an orthopedist to see what is going on.  It's always something.  Please pray for him.

Wednesday's Prayer Meeting/Bible Study was very interesting.  We had a guest speaker -- a young lady who is a missionary in Southeast Asia.  As she was telling us how they teach the people there, I was thinking "this would work in Sunday School".  I wish I had taken notes on her 7 points because I can remember only a couple of them.

I took Joe to the eye doctor on Thursday for his one week follow up appointment.  His eye that gave him so much trouble is doing wonderful!  It is healing with no scarring and he now has 20/20 vision from it.  Just two more visits (one in January and one in April) and he is finished.

I finally gave up on trying to go food shopping and did the Shop Rite from Home.  I send them my list over the computer, they shop it for me, then I go pick it up.  It's a $10 fee, but I just couldn't get to it, so the fee was just fine.  I don't do it that much so it really doesn't get that expensive.

Jack continues to be a -- well a cat.  We have to teach him not to jump on the kitchen table while we are eating, something he did in his old home.  But for the most part he wants attention when he wants it and the rest of the time we are just there to serve him.  He seems to like me more than he likes Joe, but I think if I were still working and Joe was the primary one in the house he would be liking Joe more.  He is getting used to Joe, though, and every evening jumps up in Joe's lap for pets.





I wanted a green scarf, so I knit one with some left over yarn I had.  I had a hard time deciding what pattern to do.  I must have started the scarf six or seven times.  Finally I settled on one I made up myself.  It took me only a few days to make.  And you can see me wearing it in the picture above!  I think it turned out nice.

And speaking of knitting, I finally got the baby blanket finished after 7 months of work.  It is on its way to my girlfriend who is giving it as a gift.



I'm still trying to clean up so we can get some decorating done.  I also have baking to do and cards and wrapping gifts and...  Well the list goes on and on and I'm sure yours does as well.

I got out my good Christmas plates for dinner tonight.  Aren't they pretty?  I got them at Dollar Tree about 8 years ago.  A very good investment.


As the days get shorter, my mood gets sadder.  Yes, I'm one of those that suffer from SADD.  The good news is after the 21st the days get longer.  Right now the sun rises around 7:30 a.m. and sets around 4:00 p.m.  Only 8 1/2 hours of daylight.  I'm going to have to borrow Joe's sunlight lamp and give myself some time with it.

Well, back to work.  Is anyone else as frazzled as I am?  Or are you all ready and relaxing during this holiday season?  Someday I'll be finished and relaxing before the 10th of December.  Maybe if I start September 1st.

Kathy







6 comments:

  1. The scarf is so attractive on you! Great photos of Jack! He seems to be a bit of a ham for the camera...Sorry to hear about Joe's hip. Will be praying that ALL his parts are back in good working order.
    I really like the Christmas plate;very pretty. It is amazing what you can get in Dollar stores/dollar sections in bigger stores today. What did we ever do before them?I depend on mine for so many everyday things.It helps it's only a 5 minute walk away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your wanted a green scarf so you knitted one, lol, I love that. Jack is a handsome fella thats for sure and your find of the dishes at the Dollar Tree was a great buy,, they are lovely. I hope your husbands hip and knee feel better and he is in our prayers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is such a pretty cat.....grey has always been my favorite. So sorry to hear Joe is in pain and hope the doctor can figure out the problem and get him some relieft soon. Good tho, that his vision is 20/20. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping that Joe's hip gets tended to really soon. Your kitty cat is just beautiful. They take a while to get used to a new home, but he seems to be doing just fine. I love your Christmas plates. I agree, you can find a lot of super buys at the Dollar stores. Your scarf looks quite nice on you. Isn't it nice when we can whip these pretty things up for ourselves? That color green looks really nice on you.

    I already have a couple things put away for next Christmas, but I'll still be running like crazy come next December, wondering if I'll ever get things done in time. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Not ready, not relaxing, but not frazzled. It will all get done (or not) and Christmas will still come and be filled with joy! Glad Joe's eye surgeries have been successful. Your cat is beautiful!! Two of ours like to get on the table when we eat. Not good, but sometimes we just let them lay there and watch us eat. Bad pet-parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy about Joe's eye healing up so well, but I am sorry to hear about his leg and hip. Tell him that I think he must be related to me. My eye healed up and now I must have this hip replacement done. Jack, the kitty, looks well and contented. You wear your new scarf well. I like how well you put things like that together. You plate looks so festive. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.