Wednesday, November 29, 2017

RICH'S BIRTHDAY PARTY


Last Saturday Joe and I were invited to our friend Rich's 70th birthday party.  His wife, Marion, has been my friend since 3rd grade.  She put on quite a bash for him.  It was held in a banquet room at the Wyndham Hotel in Trevose - about 25 miles from our house.  I had never been there.  It was beautiful.

Quite a few people showed up.  Since Rich is Chinese American about half the people there were also Chinese Americans.  I told Joe I was right at home -- that it looked like family parties I had been to growing up since I am also part Chinese American.

We sat at a table with a lovely family.  We started talking to them and it was wonderful.  I'm so glad we picked that table to sit at.  I actually picked it because there were six empty seats and my brother Larry, sister-in-law Kim, my sister Elaine and her friend Frank were also coming.  So we all got to sit together and talk a little bit.  Although the music was so loud it was hard to talk.

The food was fantastic.  There was fish, chicken and beef, roasted potatoes, green beans, salad and of course a huge beautiful cake for dessert.

I took lots of pictures many of which did not turn out.  People were constantly moving and they were blurry.  But many did look good and I will show them to you now.  Prepare for picture overload.  Rich is in a black shirt and red tie.  The lady in the silver top is his wife, Marion.  The woman in red that he dances with a lot is their friend, Chris.

Here's Rich, the birthday boy.

My brother Larry, his wife Kim, my sister Elaine and standing up my friend Marion.

Marion and Frank


Kim, Elaine, Marion, Frank

Elaine, Marion, Frank

The beautiful cake.  It was delicious too.

Rich and Chris.  Boy could the two of them dance!



I know you recognize this guy.




Rich can dance!  He has more energy at 70 years old than I had at 50.  I can only dream of being able to move like that.



Me and Elaine

This strange couple showed up.  We really did have a great time.



Are you tired of the pictures yet?  Just a few more.






It was an exciting and busy week and this was a wonderful break in it.  It is still busy around here but I will try to post more quickly.  So much to tell you and show you.

Kathy







6 comments:

  1. Rich is something else!! What a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks like everyone was having a wonderful time. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, That did look like such a fun time. Glad you and Joe went. Everyone looked happy. Birthday greetings to Rich. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful birthday celebration and glad you and Joe got to enjoy along with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure looks like it was a lively and fun party! You got some good video! So glad you and Joe got to attend and had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun party for Rich! Glad you got to attend and share the fun with us! Rich has slit of energy and it's great to keep moving thru the years physically speaking. God bless you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.