Thursday, November 30, 2017

MEET JACK


I love this photo.  And it's still fall for a few more weeks anyway.  It was so warm today it almost felt like summer.

I will catch you up on my week tomorrow but for today I want to introduce you to the newest member of our family.

Last December when my beloved Snowy passed away I told Joe NO MORE PETS.  My heart was broken and stayed that way for many months.

A month ago a friend of mine from church had to go into assisted living.  She was not able to take her cat with her and asked me to take him.  I said no.  No way.  Not happening.  She ended up taking him to the PSPCA because it is a no-kill shelter.  He was taken care of very well there, got all his shots, was neutered, was treated for a cold, microchipped, etc.

In the meantime like so many of my neighbors, we have had some visitors and their names were not Mickey and Minnie.  Joe said we needed a cat.  No, I said.  No more pets.  When they die, they break your heart.  So we tried poison, three kinds of traps, sonic electronic repulsers, peppermint diffusers and cleansers.  And still they hung out.  So I finally gave in.  We went to the PSPCA and of all things ended up adopting the cat my friend from church had surrendered.

Jack is the first male cat I have owned except for the kitten Pumpkin which I had for only two weeks.  I wasn't sure about getting a male, but I have found him to be a gem.  He is friendly, sweet and loves to be petted.  He is so much less of a burden to take care of than some of my females.  Here are some pictures of him making himself at home.





I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to reading any blogs lately.  When you find out what's been happening, you'll understand why.  But I hope this weekend to get all caught up with your lives.  Have a great day.  The weekend quickly approaches.

Kathy



7 comments:

  1. Welcome,Jack! So handsome! Don't think your visitors will be staying with him there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, You old softy. LOL In a way. If having a cat keeps the mice away...is that true? When we had Zoey we still had an occasional mouse. Thank heavens they always seem to be in the basement. I have those special traps still even though I have not seen any trace of mice since the bugman put those in. Remember when the heavy rains brought the ants in ? I do not deal very well with home intruders. I will hunt them down personally. LOL. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had many cats and the males are always the sweetest. I'm glad you gave him a good home and hope that he does his 'job' catching those nasty unwelcome visitors!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy...Hi Jack!!
    We got an early Christmas present!!!Come over for a peek!!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cat Jack. Hope he feels at home now and that you'll have fun together. I'm huddled in a blanket trying to get warm as car was cold coming home from Bible study tonight. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack is gorgeous! Yes, it does break our hearts when we lose a loved pet, but just think of the broken hearts of all the animals at the shelters who are hoping and praying for forever homes. I'm glad you got Jack. I wish you many happy years together. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that Jack is a good mouser! What is this? The year of the mouse? I have been fighting the battle, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.