Wednesday, November 15, 2017

FALL FOLIAGE


I promised you yesterday some pictures I took to and from the Holiday Bazaar Carol, Donna and I went to last Wednesday.  It's been a long time for the color to come to the trees around here, but now it is just beautiful.

I was sitting in the back seat of Carol's car and she was making some time driving, not creeping along, so I was shocked when I saw how good these pictures turned out.  Of course some were too blurry to use, or I didn't get what I was aiming for, and those I got rid of.  I sat there and clicked and clicked and sometimes didn't even aim, just kept shooting to see what I would get.  I am very pleased with the result.  What do you think?




There was a beautiful display set up outside of the building where the Bazaar was located.
 

And this beautiful red tree was next to the building near some of the apartments.
 

When we came out, I got a closer view of the display.
 

Then it was time to go home.  One of the roads Carol wanted to use was closed and we had to take a detour.  I think the trees were even more beautiful the way we went.
 




It's interesting to see the green and the colors together.
 

The sun shining on the trees was so beautiful.
 





At one point Donna said, "Oh look at the horses!"  I quickly turned and took about five shots as we went by.  I never really saw the horses because we were going so fast (about 45 mph), and three of the pictures were just blurs, but these actually turned out quite good.
 






 And then we were back in the city.  But even the city has some beautiful trees.








I hope you have enjoyed going along with me on this beautiful ride.  How is the foliage by you?

8 days to Thanksgiving
40 days to Christmas
47 days to New Year's Day

Kathy

 

13 comments:

  1. Good job taking pictures of the beautiful trees, colors, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No foliage in Florida like that! Ha ha ha. I DO enjoying seeing photos of the beauty 'up north' so thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visualize you sitting in the back seat, going around corners at high speeds, taking pictures. This crakes me up! Only a Blogger, could understand this!
    Thanks for getting the beautiful pictures and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, You actually got some decent photos. I loved the horses and all the beautiful colors of the trees. The bazaar's entry was very pretty. Hope you and Joe are doing well. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love fall colors!!

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Our trees are dropping leaves like crazy. I'm now seeing buildings in the distance again....our winter view is on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pictures turned out beautiful. I agree the colors next to the green...really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a fun drive! All that autumn color and a photography experiment in one. The horses must have been a nice surprise. The foliage here, except for a rare bit of color, is kaput. 🍂

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post Kathy..thank you for sharing all that gorgeous color! Sigh....so, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Fall foliage is beautiful. A lot of our trees have already turned color and lost their leaves, but there are still quite a few still in the process of changing color. Even though we have raked up all the leaves in our yard twice now, there are more to be raked up still. But I love the colors of Autumn. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You saw lots of beautiful trees and colorful leaves. Love it when the sky is bright blue! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a fello window shooter, Kathy, I can attest to how difficult it can be to get good shots that don't blur so thanks for sharing yours. For me, the most annoying thing was the power lines!

    ReplyDelete
  13. good job on your photos. When you shoot photos from a moving car, many don't work out but then there are the fun ones that do. We've got some colors in leaves but they are turning more gold/yellow now. Still need to sweep our walk and in front of our step...eventually they will be gone. The wind is helping them come off the tree in our backyard. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.