Thursday, October 26, 2017

PUTTING UP A FENCE


The posts for our new fence went up a couple of days ago.  I knew they wouldn't be back for a few days for the concrete to cure.


Then this morning there was a knock on my back door and Frank and the FTK guys were there.  They asked to plug in their extension cord and went to work putting up the fence.  Most of this post is going to be pictures, so here goes.  Please excuse the bad images.  I was sitting by the kitchen window taking these.







They did a beautiful job and were so careful of my things.  Frank wants to come back in the spring and re-sod the yard.  He wants to give me raised flower beds also.  We will see.  I don't know if I could afford it.

After they left I moved my bench to the back of the yard under the tree.
 


Here is the side fence with my plants and garden flag in place.
 



It looks very different and I think makes the yard look smaller.  It does, however, give us a lot of privacy.  I noticed tonight, though, that the yard is now very dark.  We are going to go to Lowe's or Home Depot and see if we can find caps for the posts that are solar lights so that we can have some light in our yard.

After looking at it for awhile, I think I am really going to like our new fence.

Kathy

 

6 comments:

  1. I like the bench under the tree.It'll be a cozy place to sit. I guess being fenced in can make a yard appear smaller,but for me,the privacy is worth it. Can't wait to see your choice of lighting! Love the web/boo pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks just great. It always looks smaller when you first put up a fence but the privacy is so worth it.

    You might check Walmart for their solar lights that stick in the ground. I think they are $3 each and we have had very good luck with them over the years. I have the copper colored ones. I suppose you could even rig them up to work on post if you wanted to do that.

    Have a blessed weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good!! I know you will enjoy your back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love how your yard looks with the fence.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks smaller, but far more cozy and private. Sod and raised beds would be fabulous. Save your pennies...a gift you give yourselves to enjoy. Herbs and flowers...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the squirrel photo! We have a resident squirrel that Megan's nicknamed Rizzo...after Rizzo the rat in the Muppets! Because he's hyper, like the rat is but so fun. I talk with him when I leave the house in the morning. He's up in the tree somewhere! I'm glad you had good people who knew what they were doing in your yard! Enjoy and hopefully the raised beds will be affordable for you! Excuse me but I need to put a sweater on as it's chilly in here. Our weather's turned cooler. Blessed weekend to you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.