Tuesday, October 10, 2017

IT'S DOCTOR DAY


I love all these beautiful fall pictures I have to show you.  I have so many of them that I think I will have enough for the entire season.  I am drawn to the colors of fall... yellow, gold, orange, red and brown.  I think that is what I like the most about the season -- the color.

We had another hot day today.  I am loving it.  I keep thinking of all the money I am saving on my gas bill not heating the house.

This morning I took Joe to the eye doctor to get the measurements for his pre-op.  Joe has developed cataracts from his diabetes and is having surgery to remove the one on his left eye in two weeks.  The right eye will be done as soon as the left eye heals.  By Christmas he should be seeing good.  Right now he is having a lot of problems.

This afternoon I went to my doctor for my three-month check-up.  My blood test came back with a high sugar level and a chance that I was pre-diabetic.  But Joe has been testing my blood at home and I have low numbers.  So the doctor thinks it was a fluke and when she tests me in January she will include an A1C test but thinks it will come back fine.  The spot they found on my brain in the MRI has not changed.  I go now once a year for her to keep an eye on it and I am not to worry about it.  There's a chance I was born with whatever this is and so nothing to be concerned about.  I am so relieved to hear that.  I did, however, have some blood drawn to test my B12 and D vitamin levels and I got a flu shot.  Usually after a flu shot I run a little fever or my arm swells and gets hot, but this time just a little sore where the shot was given.  That makes me happy.

See why I call it a Doctor Day?  But now that is all over for a week and Joe and I are off to Lancaster County.  I am so excited to go.  There are a few things I would like to do.  Mostly I want to look for Christmas gifts.  Now is the time.  I got my postcard from the Lenox outlet today so I can get 50% off anything in the store.  Nice!

I also want to go to the National Christmas Museum before it closes.  January 5th is the last day it will be open.  I want to take lots of pictures so that I can remember it.  There are a lot of people, me included, who are very sad it will not be around anymore.

So now it's getting late and I need to do wash and do cleaning and get packed for going away.  Sorry there are no pictures today but there will be plenty in the next few days.

So until then, have a great night and a good day tomorrow.

Kathy




6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day. I have a blood draw tomorrow as I've got a Dr appt next week. We've got cool days with rain. I like our fall colors too. We keep sweeping our walk and step but leaves keep falling. Oh well I still enjoy the crunchy sound when I walk! It'll be gone soon. Have a good getaway! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your good health report!! Just what you need to hear before your getaway so celebrate! Hope you both have a wonderful,relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have done all your dr. visits for a while. Now you can go and enjoy your time away and do some shopping. Love your fall pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that the spot in your brain is nothing to worry about. I was concerned about that. Glad you don't have diagnosed diabetes, too!
    Good luck to Joe on his upcoming eye surgeries. It will be nice when he can see properly again.
    Hope you have a wonderful fall week. It is my favorite time of the year. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the reports were all pretty good for you both. I'll look forward to your vacation photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you will have or have had a fun day in Lancaster, Kathy. Thanks (sadly) for posting about the National Christmas Museum closing in Jan 2018. We visited this place last Dec and it was a fun place, so maybe we can fit in another look-see when we are in Lancaster in Dec. We're going to the Sight & Sound Christmas show, which is a first for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.