Wednesday, October 25, 2017

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK LIKE FALL



It was a windy and rainy day today, but still warm.  According to the weather report this is the last hurrah for the warm weather and by this time next week it will be cold.  (sigh)  It was good while it lasted.  I am still running out of the house without a jacket or sweater and not really needing it.  Not so next week.  Well, I knew it couldn't last forever and I'm very thankful for the time I have had with these temperatures.

I got very little sleep last night.  We had to get up very early to get Joe to the surgical center.  We ended up getting there before the place actually opened so sat in the car listening to the radio for a half an hour before we went in.

Once inside things went quickly.  Joe got checked in, signed some paperwork, and sat for only about 15 minutes before they took him back for the surgery.  I sat there knitting.  I am working so hard on getting this baby blanket finished that I promised to my girlfriend for her to give as a gift.  I still have a ways to go, but I am over half done and that helps.

After two hours a nurse came to get me and took me back to where Joe was.  He did really well and says he had no idea what he was missing.  He says the colors he sees are so vivid.  He's doing so well and is amazed at what he can see.  He has a clear plastic patch he has to wear for two weeks and I have to give him eyedrops every four hours, but that's only for a short time.  He sees the doctor tomorrow to make sure everything is OK.

Last night knowing he couldn't lift or carry anything for a few weeks, Joe took out the air conditioner from the front window.  With everything now closed up, I finished getting out my Halloween decorations.  I can't find some of them.  Everything in the basement was moved when we got the new washer and dryer and so I have to go through boxes and bags to find anything.  I'm happy with what I did find.

We always put the A/C under the window, add a box on top and a tablecloth to make a little extra table for the winter.  I put all my Halloween things there.  Finally I have a place for my Jack-o-Lantern that I bought at Lowe's.  I love that it lights up by plugging it in and I don't have to be concerned about a candle.  The little wooden black cat was made by my dad.


Then I moved my "Harvest" sign to the front door and put all pumpkins on my shelf.


The pumpkins will stay out for Thanksgiving and the ones I can't fit now will come out when Halloween goes away.  Now to get the rest of the room cleaned up so it looks nice.  It's getting there, just not yet.  So much to do.  How did I ever have time to work?  So glad I'm retired.

Kathy

 

12 comments:

  1. Praise that all went well with Joe! Great news! Love all your decorations.Very autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that Joe's surgery went so well. Let's hope he sails through recovery with no glitches. Love your pumpkins on a shelf and the cute little cat your dad made is a fun addition to your lighted 'table'. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. I'm praying there are no glitches too.

      Delete
  3. Glad to read that Joe's surgery went well, Kathy. Even though people go a bit crazy for Christmas decorations, I favor the fall pumpkins and only wish the fall decos didn't get pushed out so soon. Your display is lovely and even more special with the cat made by your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I love the colors of fall and could keep them around a bit longer than most people.

      Delete
  4. What did Joe have done to his eye? Your decorations look very nice and when you are completely done, it will be perfect. Hope your Wednesday has been good so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe had a cataract removed. Thanks, Linda. When all my decorations are up it will be time to take them down and do Christmas! Ha, ha!

      Delete
  5. Glad Joe came through his surgery okay! What a blessing! Your decorations look great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri. It is sure a relief that he came through with flying colors.

      Delete
  6. SO happy to hear that all went well with the surgery. Wishing him a speedy recovery!
    Love your decorations. I have a few things out and they will last till whenever I get around to decorating for Christmas.
    It's chilly today :( As with you, I loved the warmer weather but knew it wouldn't last.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been on the blogs for a while so I came back here to see how Joe's surgery went. I am happy to read that he did very well and can see colors so much more now since the surgery. I am so glad to read this.

    I love the picture in your header. The colors in the leaves this year were not as brilliant as other years. I am glad to see that you had plenty of color. Have a wonderful fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.