Wednesday, October 11, 2017

CLEANING UP THE YARD


This has not been a great summer for me healthwise.  And so one of the great loves of my life, my yard, has gone to wreck and ruin as they say.  For weeks I have not been pain free enough to work out there.  I have done the best I could, but it wasn't enough.  Finally it got so bad that I knew I needed help.  Joe was so wonderful and got me the help I needed.  There is a landscaping company in the neighborhood.  He saw them in our neighbor's yard and went to talk to them.  They said they could make the yard beautiful again.  And they did.

These pictures were taken through the screen in the back door so they aren't wonderful but you can see just how messed up the yard was before they began.



Not only did they clean the yard, but also the patio.  So much stuff got thrown out.  I am so happy.  In fact watching them do what I wanted to do but couldn't I shed a few tears.

Is it done the way I would have done it?  No.  But it is done.  I took pictures throughout the morning as they worked.
 





The weed trees came down.  The rosebushes were trimmed.  So was the hydrangea.  The beds were weeded.  I wanted them to keep the hosta, but they cut it all down.  I'm sure it will come back in the spring.  And if not, I'll buy another.  


Those guys worked hard.


One of the guys had a praying mantis jump on him.  I was lucky enough to get a couple of pictures of it.  Can you see it?



Joe knew the owner of the company.  He used to work with his brother-in-law.  Small world.  They talked for quite awhile.
 

The pot with my coleus and other plants lasted all summer.  I'm happy about that!  I bought it last Spring and even the heat didn't kill it.
 

It is so strange to see the fences clean and the yards around us.  I will take another picture tomorrow morning.  The bench is now under the tree.  We have to clean out the bird feeder before we fill it.  It is filled with leaves and cobwebs right now.
 

The yard looks so much larger and I am feeling so good about it.  Now I am ready to head out to Lancaster tomorrow.

Kathy

 


17 comments:

  1. It looks really nice, now you can go on your trip and not fret about it. Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference! The yard does look bigger. I love coleus & it has become a staple in my garden.They are so hardy! And colorful! Are those butterflies on the side near the coleus? Pretty! You both go & enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The butterflies you see are stickers on a board that our neighbor made for us and gave us. I'll show you the entire thing sometime.

      Delete
  3. That’s a good job done and I know that your mind rests easier. I was just thinking that I need to hire a landscaper to clean out my garden.There is no way that I can dig up plants and replace myself. That ship has sailed as they say. Have fun in Lancaster and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no intentions of replacing myself. Good grief. Here’s to clearer communication in the future. ☺️

      Delete
    2. Oh Vee, you sure made me chuckle this morning. I knew what you meant. As I said, I would have done things differently but it's done.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, Some times we just need some help. Getting rid of trash is a great way to have more room in our yards. Maybe Joe could arrange for the crew to come once every season. Blessings to you, get healthy sweet girl. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't even trash so much as everything was overgrown. What you see is when they moved everything off of the patio to clean it. And the boards are a fence that we are giving to my neighbor. Joe hired them for next summer. They will cut our grass every other week.

      Delete
  5. Yeah to Joe for stepping in and getting others to clear the yard, Kathy, I'm sure that you have already given him a big hug. Sometimes, it can be frustrating knowing that we can't do things we did before and the same has happened with us. That said once we made the decision to have others do the job, it got done and we felt better as you do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating to not be able to do what I once did. I have accepted, though, that I need help. Now to get a new cleaning lady.

      Delete
  6. The feeling of having it done has to be amazing! You will enjoy the time away....wish the weather was a bit nicer for you today. See you tomorrow, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel great to have the yard done before going away. I've been in the rain in Lancaster before so... oh well. Yes, hopefully I will get to meet you tomorrow. So exciting. If it doesn't work out, we will probably be back before Christmas.

      Delete
  7. Iam so glad you got it done. Some things are just worth paying to have done when you can't do it yourself. Your hostas will come back. You are actually supposed to cut them back in fall-they will be even more lush next year.
    Happy Yard makes for a Happy Heart for you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cut back my hostas, but they cut them down to the ground and pulled up the roots, then replanted them. Hmm... I'm glad I told them to leave my little lilac bush alone. It is worth paying for it but I don't always have the money to do it.

      Delete
  8. Looks all neat and tidy, sadly when our health fails, little jobs become overwhelming. The gardeners did a wonderful job !
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes those things just keep us bogged down and even prevent us from getting healthy. Too much stress about stuff we can't handle ourselves! HIGH FIVE to your Joe for stepping in and hiring it done. Now you can go on your vaca/get-away and really enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.