Thursday, September 21, 2017

THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER


Neither have I!  I don't know where the summer went.  But I have had a lovely time in the warm weather.  What's that?  I don't have to give up the warm weather just yet?  I just heard on the news that we are expecting a heat wave next week.  Three days in the 90s and then the high 80s after that.  Maybe I really do live in the sunny south.  It was hot today too.  Up to 89*F (32*C).  I have had the air conditioner running all day.  I'm so glad I haven't taken it out of the window yet.

 I didn't do all that much today.  The main thing I did was cut back the ivy that is threatening to overtake the patio.  It was climbing the siding, wrapping itself around the drain spout threatening to pull it from the building, and finding its way down the outside drain.  Not good.  But much better now.  There is so much to do in the yard.  I can work only a few minutes and then my back gives out and I have to lie down for about an hour.  But I figure 15 or 20 minutes a day is better than nothing.

I made chicken fingers, roasted asparagus and buttermilk biscuits for dinner.  It was so good.  The asparagus was a new recipe to me but I will definitely be making it again.  You can find it on my other blog HERE.

I will show you one project that I did complete.  Awhile back I bought a little wooden box at Target when they were doing their "Farmer's Market" campaign.  I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I am working on making my kitchen have a "farmhouse" theme so I figured it would work out there somewhere.  And for $3 I wasn't wasting a lot of money if I couldn't figure something out.


  
When cleaning off my counter it occurred to me to round up my soaps and put them in the box.  To my surprise it was a perfect fit!  There was even a space for my rubber duckie scrubber that my sister gave me last year for Christmas.  I love that scrubber.  It is the best ever for getting things off of pans and dishes.


Look how nicely everything fits.  I have two Mrs. Meyers dish soaps (one is almost finished), the rubber duckie, a mason jar with dishwasher tabs and my hand soap pump.  I've since added a Mrs. Meyers all purpose cleanser which fits perfectly behind the duckie.  It is one of my favorite organizing things that I have done.  I have a bigger "Farmer's Market" tray that I am going to put down with the laundry things.  I'll show you that when it is finished.

And now it is late, so I will end for now.  Fall tomorrow.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! It's a good thing you bought it. I've had that happen;where some item just 'speaks' to you.Enjoy your hot weather.I'll be in the air conditioning waiting for fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the little basket is a really good idea for keeping things together. I have been working on reorganizing and getting rid of things and starting with paperwork both in the files and electronically on the computer. Yes, I too so want Fall weather and not the high 80s we are also expected to have here in NH at the start of next week. Enjoy your weekend, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cute idea!! Don't forget to show us the tray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In total agreement with Lucy! Glad that you will have an Indian summer...good for the heating bill, but not so much for the AC.

    Pace yourself in the yard. I have to do the same and sometimes I limit myself to five or ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been chilly here and rainy since Sunday. But today it's up to 69 and no rain, tomorrow 75 and next week 80s. So thankful for the rain as we really needed it. I like your box and how you used it. I like Mrs Meyers products too. I have to be careful with a few items, especially water bottle. If ya leave it in the sink with suds too long then it keeps the scent in it...not good. I like her hand soap and all purpose cleaner. I have a hard time in the yard as well. Muscles have always bugged me especially after my last abdominal surgery. Yep...back starts hurting within 15-30 min. so I quit and then can recover if I sit down for a bit. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little crate. Glad you figured out a good use for it. I purchased a cute little blue tin with a lid from Target and found it's nice to hold my Young Living essential oils. It's on my bedside table.
    I love summer and am sad to see it go....but I'm enjoying this summer weather we've been having!! I'll take heat over cold any day.
    God bless your day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.