Monday, September 11, 2017

REMEMBERING 9-11


Who could forget that day?  It's one of the turning points in our lives.  We can all say where we were and what we were doing when the planes hit the World Trade Center.  The world no longer felt safe.

It's 16 years later and what have we learned?  The world seems even more chaotic and hateful.  I feel as though each of us within ourselves need to feel love for others, peace toward our fellow man and an intense love for God.  Hopefully in another 16 years, if the Lord tarries, the world will be in a better place.

 

6 comments:

  1. I agree that the world sometimes feels a whole lot angrier than it did then... A sign of the times...? (I did not remember that today was the anniversary until reading your post.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was working near Phila airport.Total disbelief of what was happening. I agree that we need to feel love for others and great love for God.Can you imagine how much better the world would be if each day day everyone payed forward (or started!) a simple good deed?
    Even a smile can make someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never forget 9/11 as I was living in NJ, so close to the attacks. Also, Grenville is a retired firefighter and while he was not called in to volunteer, it was not for lack of wanting to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ktahy, I will always remember. We can not take our country's safety for granted. We should always be vigilant. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, may we never forget. Saying a strong amen to all you wrote today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.