Monday, September 18, 2017

MOVIES OF THE WEEK


Summer is fading away and I don't know about you, but to me it went so quickly.  It is hard for me to believe it is already the middle of September.  How did that happen?

I have had a chance to watch some more movies and I thought I would share them with you.  I had another theme this week -- dogs.  Yes, I watched a lot of movies starring dogs.  All of them are Hallmark movies.  Here's what I saw:

Image result for love at first bark
September 9th -  Love at First Bark (2017) starring Jana Kramer, Natasha Burnett, Anna Van Hooft, Jaime Callica, Kevin McGarry and Reese Alexander. A single woman with a new, out of control German shepherd turns to a handsome dog trainer for help. As they make progress with the dog, she realizes she may be developing feelings for the trainer.  You know from the beginning what happens, but it's a good clean mindless movie.  Just right to knit to.

Image result
September 11th I watched Like Cats and Dogs (2017).  It starred Cassidy Erin Gifford and Wyatt Nash.  Cassidy Gifford was also in the movie God's Not Dead if you saw that one.  Spencer and Lola couldn't be more different. He's a cat person, and she loves dogs. When a reservation mix-up lands them -- and their pets -- in the same vacation house, they have to find a way to get along without killing each other.  This was cute and some parts had me laughing out loud.  The cat and dog got along better than the humans did.

 Eat, Play, Love Video 
 September 15th the movie was Eat, Play, Love (2017) with Jen Lilley, Lucie Guest, Jason Cermak, and Carey Feehan.  Veterinarian Dr. Carly Monroe secretly loves Dan, the owner of a dog shelter. Unfortunately, Dan is about to marry his glamorous girlfriend and move to New York.  Another good one.  I really liked it.

Image result for unleashing mr darcy  
And today I watched Unleashing Mr. Darcy (2016) starring Ryan Paevey, Cindy Busby, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and Frances Fisher.  When Elizabeth decides to show her dog in competition, she clashes with the arrogant, complicated judge Donovan Darcy.  And of course you know how that ends.  But this had more twists and turns than the usual movie.  I had a bit of trouble keeping all of the characters in order.  I kept getting all of the names mixed up.  Even so, I would watch this again.  It was good.

If you like dog movies, you might want to check these out.  Some of them are on youtube so they aren't hard to find.  What have you been watching?

Kathy  

5 comments:

  1. They sound like fun movies!! Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight Louis Dean and I watched Mona Lisa Smile with Julia Roberts. I watched Officer and a Gentleman earlier today by myself as he went to town to get supplies. I do so little be a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the reviews. Being a dog person,I'll be checking some of these out. I've found it to be so true that animals get along better than people.Wonder why that is?
    Could it be the unconditional love? Maybe I'll try more wagging & less barking (hissing).....Have a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Summer did go fast and now September seems to be going the same. Retirement time goes faster than the time of our youth, while we are living it...but for our children and grands while we are watching it is flying by. Glad you are enjoying your movies. Can't remember when I sat still long enough to fully watch something. Blessings for a fun day there. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, I haven't been visiting much this week as we're keeping both grandbabies while their parents are on a long trip. I'm exhausted! :) It's always nice to hear about some movies. I have to confess, I kinda like spooky movies! :)
    Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.