Thursday, September 28, 2017

MOVIES OF THE WEEK -- OLDIES BUT GOODIES


Isn't this a beautiful scene?  I've used it on my blog before and I love it as much now as the first time I saw it.  I want to sit on one of those benches just breathing in the cool air and the smells of autumn.  I can actually do that tonight.  The weather has changed dramatically.  It went from the 90s yesterday (33*C) to 55* tonight (13*C).  The humidity is gone too.

I had a completely lazy day today where I did nothing.  I mean nothing.  I didn't even wake up until 10 a.m.  It was a bad night last night where I hardly slept at all, so I guess that's why.  My legs are very swollen and sore so I tried to keep off of them as much as possible.

I'm still trying to catch up on all the Hallmark movies I have recorded.  Last week I watched some that I have seen before, but still enjoy.

On the 19th I watched "The Sweeter Side of Life (2013).
 Related image

Dumped by her husband, a woman (Kathryn Morris) takes a job at her father's bakery.  It's such a funny movie and gave me a lot of chuckles even though I knew what was going to happen.

On the 20th I watched "A Royal Winter" (2017).
Image result for a royal winter 
A woman (Merritt Patterson) flees to Europe for some soul searching and meets a handsome playboy prince who exposes her to a world she has never before known.

This is one that makes me sigh.  I would love to visit the fictional country of Calpurnia, go to the market in the town square and hear the children's choir singing "Lavender Blue".

The 21st I watched "All of My Heart" (2015).
Image result for all of my heart  
After inheriting half of a house, a young woman (Lacey Chabert) develops an unexpected friendship with her co-owner.

I really like Lacey Chabert and enjoy seeing anything she is in.  An excellent actress who makes you believe in her character.  Another one that was predictable but still good.

And finally on the 23rd "Love Locks" (2017).
Image result for love locks hallmark  

Twenty years after she was last in Paris, a woman returns to the City of Light, where she reconnects with her college boyfriend and first love.  It stars Rebecca Romjin, Jerry O'Connell and Bruce Davison.

I think this was the best Hallmark Hall of Fame done this year.  When I first saw it last January, it made me want to go to Paris.

I haven't had the time to watch any movies this week, but hopefully this weekend I'll be able to see a couple.  Enjoy your Friday!

Kathy






7 comments:

  1. Summer and I started the Chesapeake series on Hallmark on Demand. We watched the first episode tonight and we are completely hooked! Have you seen it and did you like it? The guy from Dallas is one of the stars and - at the same time and in unison - we both said out loud - "I like him!"
    You are retired! That means you get to take days off and rest. You have paid your dues and this is YOUR time! Don't fret.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the picture. There's something about the fall air...Sorry to hear about your legs. Hope staying off them helped. I think I had sympathy lazy. I did one load of laundry & spent the rest of the day watching my judge shows & reading. Sometimes you just need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always fun to read your movie reviews! I prefer reading the reviews over actually watching the movie, though that last one has me intrigued.

    Are you able to take turmeric, Kathy? It sure was a help to me when my ankles began swelling several years ago now. Ask your doc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy the Hallmark movies and thankful we still have some to watch that are decent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better, Kathy, and we all need those lazy days of resting and watching movies. I have seen several of the Hallmark movies available on You Tube and always enjoyed them -- sappy but who cares as we all need a happier than life story...right? The temps have come down here as well from near 90s earlier this week to 50s the past couple of nights...yeah to fall and love the colors in that photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Resting when you dont feel well isnt being lazy...its called listening to your body. I hope you feel better soon
    Love the picture by the way
    Blessings
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope this comment finds you feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.