Monday, August 7, 2017

THIS AND THAT


Going through my pictures I found a lot of miscellaneous things I've never shared with you.  So this is the time.


Red, white and blue flowers I bought for the Fourth of July.  Did I show you this?  I don't think so. They were so pretty and lasted about a week.

 Philly in the rain and fog.  We were driving home from one of Joe's doctor appointments and I asked him to take this picture.  You can't see the tops of the tallest buildings.


 I got temporary metal tattoos in one of my Julep boxes.  I use them in place of a bracelet.  They last about a week before they fade away and peel off.


 Pretty flowers outside of the Golden Eagle Diner where Carol, Donna and I had lunch one day.

 Candles to end a busy day.

 And finally, Joe had me drive him to South Philly to run an errand.  That part of the city always reminds me of Europe -- Italy in particular since the people that live there are mostly Italian.  I sat in the car in the parking lot and waited for him to come back.  While there I was looking around and saw this house next to the lot.  It just looked like an Italian house to me.  Well, really any place in Europe.  I thought this was a good composition and took the picture.  I really like this one.  Hope you do too.

And now I think you are up to date.  Enjoy!

Kathy




11 comments:

  1. I really like the rainy photo. It seems so ...quiet. I love listening to rainfall. I confess I may not want to "go" make it a great day if I was rocking on that porch! Too comfy! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain is nice if you aren't driving in it in a downpour. This was so foggy that I just wanted to show it.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! Love the candle one....so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lavendar and sage candle burning now. It makes the room smell good and gives atmosphere at the same time. I love candles.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed your 'catch up' photos. Have a lovely Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest son was in Philly a few weeks back. He posted on Facebook all the coffee places he went to. He's on a coffee quest.....finds all sorts of coffee names I've never heard of. This past weekend he went to Austin on a coffee adventure! Reminds me of wine tasting tours! Anyway I said all that to say this - Philadelphia is a fascinating place and I hope to visit there one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had known, I would have met up with him. Please come. You will love Philly and I will show you all around.

      Delete
  5. Kathy, I love the city photo that Joe took for you. I think some times, I'd like to post just a bunch of left-over photos. I usually do that with Horton's pictures. LOL. Blessings, hope your week is starting fine. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A this and that post is just what we all need this week! Thanks! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos and I don't remember seeing any of them before! That last one is a very European-looking house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.