Tuesday, August 29, 2017

MORNING GLORIES



Slow down just a bit.  The days are just speeding by.  Is this normal or does it mean that I'm getting old?

Yesterday was another one of those speedy days.  I decided to give the cleaning lady another chance.  She really is a great organizer.  She was working in the dining room and I was in the living room doing some work for church.  (I love being able to work from home and still get things accomplished.  Thank you, internet, that I can communicate with the pastor by just emailing him.)  So it was easy for her to say, "What do you want to do with this?"  or "Do you know what this is?"  And easy for me to say, "Salvation Army" or "Throw it out" or "There's another Christmas gift I couldn't find last year."  Hee-hee.  

She finished half of the dining room and I am very happy.  Her husband does yard work and we hired him for 2 weeks from now to clean up the parts of the yard we can't do and make it livable again.  I know I'm spending money, but I am realizing that I just am not able to physically do things anymore.  This makes me sad because I have always been a "hands on" person and I know I am getting old.  But I do what I can.

I went outside this morning to get some shots of the morning glories for you.  They are huge and have taken over the entire yard.  The leaves are the size of a dessert plate.  But they are so pretty.


One rogue blue plant is in with the coleus.  It's the only blue one in the yard.
 




 You can see how tall they are and how huge the leaves are.  Even though I really like morning glories, they are so invasive.  I can't see my rosebushes or even one of my trees because of them.  And forget sitting on the bench.  Hopefully I will get rid of some of them before two weeks.

After Jenn left this afternoon, Joe and I went to Lowe's.  We were looking for a decent pair of loplers and rosebush clippers. While we were there I also found a really cute fall welcome mat for the front door.  My mat has been out there for several years and is really shot.  I'm hoping to get four mats and change them out with the seasons.  But for right now I am going to switch it out with this new one.  Fall is almost here.

I made the Pioneer Woman's macaroni and cheese along with some meatballs for dinner.  It was so good.  Usually there is some left, but not tonight.  I didn't have any cheddar cheese so I made it with mozzarella.  We use what we have.  I think I like it better with the cheddar but it was still good.

So on to getting ready for the day.  I hope I can get more accomplished today than I did yesterday.  Bible study this morning and more cleaning/straightening up this afternoon.

Before I end, here is a picture I took last night of the summer candle I'm burning.  Not much more of that.  I love the pineapple candle holder I bought this year.  The candle is Lavendar and Sage.  It smells good but it isn't very strong.


Until later...

Kathy

 

2 comments:

  1. I agree that while pretty,morning glories are very invasive. Ours climb the back fence.I just pull them down when I see them. Don't feel bad about spending the money or not being able to do it all. Just be thankful there are people who can do it.You are their blessing,giving them work. I so agree with Peanuts!! Wish I could print & frame that to remind myself how truly blessed I am. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending the money to give yourself more time is an expense, but well worth it if you are not feeling stressed or left hurting. We are paying for a lawn service at the still unsold VA house and recall how we did all the yard work and more ourselves, but realize it would be too much to handle. Glad things are working out better with the cleaning help too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.