Friday, August 25, 2017

i've been running!



I have been running my little legs off recently.  Yesterday began with taking Joe for a doctor's appointment at the V.A. Hospital.  It was an early appointment and I really disliked driving in the rush hour traffic.  But we still made it in plenty of time.

We had left so early that we didn't have time for breakfast.  So on the way home we stopped at Andy's Deli which is near our home.  We don't go there very often so it was a treat.

Three days ago my left arm began to hurt.  The elbow especially.  I couldn't bend it all the way and it felt like it might be broken.  Then my shoulder started hurting.  As we were eating lunch I gave in and said I would go to Urgent Care.  The Emergency Room is $300 but Urgent Care is only $40. It was really busy and we waited about 3 hours to see the doctor.  But he was really good.  He said I have a torn tendon in both my elbow and shoulder.  He gave me a steroid for 5 days and said if I was still sore after that I should see my doctor.  But the worst of it is...  I can't knit for awhile.  What will I do?  (sigh)

We got home in time to turn around and go to the Elders' Meeting at the parsonage.  Joe must have been so tired by this time.  I know I was.  I almost fell asleep waiting for the meeting to be over.

Today I tried to clean up a bit, but didn't get much done.  I took my friend, Kathy, to Target.  She is having trouble with her phone and there is someone there who can help her. I always try to give rides to people who don't have cars.  I remember the years before I was driving and how kind people were to me giving me rides.

Of course I couldn't go to Target without getting something.  I love the Dollar Spot.  I got three candles:  "Fall Day," "Pumpkin Spice," and " Apples and Cinnamon".  I also got this cute orange and black striped bowl.  I know it's for Halloween, but I can use it all fall.  I also got a mini planner that I am going to use to keep notes for church.  I haven't loaded any pictures, but you will see it as the days go along.

Last night my aunt (my dad's youngest sister) passed away.  She was very sick so at least she is no longer suffering.  If you think of it, please pray for her husband, children and grandchildren.

My girlfriend just began writing a blog.  She recently retired and is so excited about doing this.  If you have a chance, pop over and see her and tell her I sent you.  Her blog is Home and Family. Thanks.

Since I don't have any photos to show you, I will show you one of my brother's.  Larry is such a great photographer.


This is the main conservatory at Longwood Gardens, a wonderful place.  Wish I could go again, but it is a lot of walking and I don't think I could do it.

I have to run.  Hope you all have a good weekemd,

Kathy



4 comments:

  1. You certainly are scurrying. Sorry to hear about your shoulder & arm. Very painful. Hope the meds help.Can't wait to see your Target purchases! Hope you feel better soon.
    (I agree with Snoopy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your week sounds like mine. Busy, busy. So sorry about your arm. DO TAKE CARE and let that tendon heal. I've been to Longwood Gardens. Beautiful. I offered a prayer for your aunt's family and I will visit your friends new blog. Have a restful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy week for you and me. I hope your arm feels better soon. My eclipse experience was great and I've shared photos on my blog. Sorry for loss of your aunt. Get some rest this weekend. Prayers and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your shoulder and elbow!! I hope it heals fast and you can knit again. How kind of you to give rides.....and what a nice ride you have!
    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.