Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A SPECIAL FALL JULEP

And how did this happen?  Apparently August decided to run by me when I wasn't looking.  So since fall is coming, I decided to treat myself and buy the special fall "mystery box" that Julep offered this month.  The fun part about the mystery box is you know you are getting six items, but you have no idea of what they are.  Some people order several mystery boxes hoping they will get various items.  At times they do, but often there are duplicates.  These are things that were the featured items last season (there was a summer mystery box too) or last year at a significant discount -- up to 75%.  Most of the time I do not get this box, but everyone needs a treat now and then.

Here's the fall box I got.


Let me show you the items individually.  I got three nail polishes (one for each month).
 

I really pretty eyeshadow.
 

I've been wearing a pale pink lipstick all summer.  Here's a darker one for the cooler weather.
 

And finally an eyebrow conditioner and stain.  I've used this before and it's nice.
 

Not bad getting all of that for $25.  I'm very happy with it.

I tried my nail polish from my last order.  At first I thought it was too dark, but it's sort of grown on me.  I do like the color.  It's called Magdalene.
 
  
Not put on very neatly though, but I did my best.

On with another day.

Kathy

 



12 comments:

  1. What a nice mystery box! I really like the nail polish.I agree on treating oneself once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the black for October, but I'm going to give it a try.

      Delete
  2. Nice colors and glad you enjoyed your box. Looks fun! Yes Aug has gone by fast. Can't wait til tain comes and douses all the fires we have in Oregon. Way too many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You surely do need the rain. I'm just sad the hot weather and beach time is going.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy! OOOh, what pretty makeups you have. You know I've never used blue nail polish. I need to step out of my bubble. Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use all colors. Didn't used to, but it's fun to see what it all looks like.

      Delete
  4. That's a fun thing to do! Love the polish colors! I stick to reds and corals but someday I'm going to try the new colors.....maybe .....but only on my toes! I love the, on other people but can't seem to wear them myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try them, if even on your toes. It's fun.

      Delete
  5. Love the nail polish! It's very pretty. Sounds like a fun purchase. Yesterday was so rainy and cold....not ready for that yet at all! Thankfully today is a better day :)
    Enjoy the last days of August. I will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely did not enjoy yesterday. I had errands to run and got soaked each time I got in or out of the car. Today is cool but beautiful!

      Delete
  6. Kathy, I love the quote at the end of your post. Wow, getting new beauty products is fun. I need to do my nails too. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of a Julep box before and was curious to see what surprises were in yours, Kathy. It's always fun to get a surprise and it seems yours turned out well. Black nail polish would work for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.