Thursday, July 27, 2017

THE NEW CAR

What a time we have had in the last few days.  Tuesday afternoon Joe and I went to Dunphy Ford and met with Phyllis who wanted to show us the car I had called about.  It's amazing what you can find online.  I looked, I liked, I bought.  But not before I saw the car in person and took a test drive.

The dealership and Phyllis in particular gave us such a good deal.  She lowered the price, gave us a bumper to bumper 8 year warranty, gave us a 4 year tire warranty and arranged financing for us.  On top of that, the car is beautiful and the mileage low.  I drove it around the neighborhood a bit with Joe as my passenger checking out the dashboard and the feel of the ride.  We both loved it and felt this was the car God was giving us. 

After we left there, we had to go to the salvage place to finish cleaning out our car.  I had left my Easy Pass and a couple of other things in there by mistake.  We also wanted to get our license plate off of it.  I was surprised to see just what shape our little car was in.





Poor little car.  It gave us many hours of happy memories over the years.

Yesterday I met up with my friend Carole who followed me to Enterprise to return the rental car.  It was crowded there and I waited a long time.  But finally I was done and Carole and I headed off to Dunphy to pick up the new car.

Everything went well and Carole got to be the first of our friends to see it.  She loved it.  I paid what I owed and drove the car home.  Like most new cars it will take me a couple of days to feel really comfortable in it.  And it still doesn't feel like mine.  But it will.  All in time.

 So you want to see it?



I still look for a light blue car.  I'm not used to the gray yet.

The dashboard has two computers.  Not just screens, but actual things I have to program.  It took awhile to figure them out.  I'm still not sure I've got them where I want them, but it will do for now.  This is the radio, satellite, phone and who knows what else.  It has a lot of buttons.  It also shows the time and the temperature. We counted last night and you can pre-program up to 50 radio stations.


The other screen is behind the steering wheel.   Again it shows tons of things and I have to go through a menu, a large menu, to figure out what I'm doing.



Phyllis set Trip 1 to 0 miles before I left the dealership.  So you can see at this point I've driven the car 5 miles.  It's up to 9 miles now because I went to church last night.

Here's a picture of the interior.  All gray.  But that's OK.  I like gray.

 
I just realized I don't know how to put gas in it.  Oops!  I think I'd better find out before I go on my road trip tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my sister Elaine's birthday and we are heading out to Lancaster County for the day and an overnight.  Of course you are coming along.  You always do, don't you?

Until later...

Kathy

 

22 comments:

  1. Very, very nice and so glad you like it and got the good deal on top of it all. Be safe on your trip and we will look forward to pictures from that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I'm looking forward to being away.

      Delete
  2. Nice car! It always takes me awhile to adjust to a new vehicle. I do love driving our Toyota van....that feeling still totally surprises me since I never did like driving.
    Have fun in my neck of the woods, Lancaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll see you there. If so, I will definitely say "hi". We are staying at the Red Roof Inn on Route 30.

      Delete
  3. Great looking car!
    Now you get to take it on it's first "road trip".
    Have fun and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's scary to drive a brand new car for a long distance. I'm not used to it yet. But I will be OK. I think...

      Delete
  4. It's a lovely new car ! We are Ford people, from my very first car in England to the one I drive now.
    Always takes a learning curb, even more so today with all the onboard technology. I think it's all a little too distracting.
    Enjoy your driving days :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. We will see how I do this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Yes!! new cars/vehicles do take time getting used to. I'm in the same boat. aka. predicament. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like it! The gray looks nice and you'll love all the new features! I'm happy for you! Pick me up on your way! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. Be standing out front with your thumb out. :)

      Delete
  7. Kathy, I am so happy things worked out for you and Joe to get a new car. I do not know how I will do when I ever get a new one. I am not into all that electronic stuff. I want no power seats, crank windows and a real radio...but things have changed since 2002 when I got my Jeep. I want less bells and whistles. Funny, I know...I just love simplicity. Blessings, hope you are learning what everything is. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather have a simple car too but they don't make them anymore. I held out for crank windows longer than anyone else. *sigh*

      Delete
  8. LOVE the car! It looks like gray velvet..Such a super deal!You & Joe were truly blessed with this.(I agree that I prefer the simple too,no bells & whistles.oh well...) I have faith that you'll have it all figured out in no time.You need this road trip with all that's been going on. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not anxious to take a long trip in a car I'm not familiar with but you are right that both Elaine and I need to get away.

      Delete
  9. I am so thrilled that you got your new car. I already told you my SIL had that same car and loved it- same color and everything. Now he has a company car instead.

    Enjoy all the little bonuses you got this time around. I love all the preset channels even though mine is usually set to the news. It drives my family nuts. lol

    Have a safe trip and you will do just fine on your trip. Just think, by the time it is over you will be totally comfortable with your car! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. I think you are right. After driving over 100 miles I will have the hang of the new car.

      Delete
  10. Gray is so high class! I love the color. Happy travels to Lancaster County.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThAnk you Cheryl. I'll be thinking of you today here in your old home.

      Delete
  11. Have a good trip away in your new to you car! I love it! Ford Focus? Phil and I both have one, no computers like those. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if we ever needed to get another one. I think about a little truck as well, though. Owie on your old car! Sad but as always, good memories! Are you sure it's legal to take your old license plate? We had to leave ours when Phil's got mangled years ago. I guess in each state it's different.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new car...and it DOES look like new! May you be blessed with safe travels in it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.