Tuesday, July 11, 2017

GOING TO LUNCH



I haven't been ignoring you, folks.  I've just been very busy and blogging has fallen by the wayside.  Summer is a time when I just seem to come alive and so I'm doing things all the time.

Today was one of those busy days.  It began with going to church to teach the Ladies Bible Study.  We began a study in the book of Ruth this week.  I just gave an introduction today and next week we will jump into chapter one.  I think this will be a fun break from the New Testament epistles we have been studying the last few years.  And since we are studying Judges on Wednesday evenings this fits right in.
 
After the study Debbie and I dropped off some bags of donations to the Salvation Army.  We try to do this once a month.  We get things out of our houses and hopefully someone can use the things we can't.

I took Debbie home and then went and picked up my friend Donna at her house.  The two of us went to our friend Carol's house and got her.  The three of us went out to lunch at the Golden Eagle Diner in Bristol, PA.  I haven't been there in years.  Not since I was there with Joe and some friends and we all got sick on the food.  That's a good reason to stay away.  But that was about seven or eight years ago so I decided to give it another try.  We were celebrating Carol's birthday and that is where she wanted to go.
Related image
 
Well, what a difference.  The food was so very good.  And they give you a lot.  Carol had a chicken pot pie that was enormous along with a Greek salad and a cup of beef barley soup.  She took most of the salad and about half of the pot pie home.



Related image

Donna had fried flounder with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables and chicken noodle soup.  She said the veggies were fresh not canned or frozen.



Image result for fried flounder

I had chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce and fries.


Related image

Now I must admit that we were so busy eating that I did not take any pictures of the food so I got these images from google and they are as close as I could get to what we were served.  It was a LOT of food and so good.

Every table is served cinnamon bread and cheese bread when you walk in.  They are famous for these breads.  Joe and I love the cinnamon bread so on the way out I bought a loaf.  It's about half gone now.  This picture is taken from their website and this is really what the bread looks like when it is brought to your table.
Image result for golden eagle's cinnamon bread

 After we ate Carol drove us back to her house and then I drove Donna home and came home myself.  I had left around 9:20 a.m. and got home a little after 4:00 p.m.  That was a long day for me.  I know I used to work lots longer days than that, but I am not used to doing that anymore.  I am tired!

And so I am going to bed.  I hope you all have a good night.

Kathy

 





7 comments:

  1. You were brave to return, but wow...the food sounds so delicious. (I usually give restaurants no second chances. Maybe I need to rethink that.)

    What a brilliant idea to go to Goodwill or the Salvation Army weekly!

    So glad that you are enjoying your summer days. ☀️🍉🌭🍦🍓

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being with friends is always fun, and the food looks declicious, but a long day like that is tiring for sure. Hope you enjoy the study of Ruth - lot of good things to learn there. Have a good Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks so yummy! I can totally see taking a doggie bag.You did have a busy day.When it's hot,I lose energy & only do what has to be done. Glad to hear you're ok with it. (I'm waiting for cooler temps! ha ha!) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like lots of fun! And I haven't had chicken pot pie in SO long! Wonder if I could make a small one just for me! haha! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day with friends! That bread looks so good. I'm a total bread snob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very busy day for you, the lunch.looks delicious.
    I thought of you today, running an errand in a small town south of our county, I was going around the town square and saw the sweetest little historic library....you would have loved it.
    Hugs
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer is a time to come alive. Looks like you are enjoying your summer. You girls must have a lot of fun together. For a blogger to forget to take pictures, you must have been having fun talking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.