Tuesday, May 23, 2017

JOE'S BIRTHDAY


Saturday was Joe's birthday.  I wanted to make it a special day for him.  I was going to take him out for breakfast, but it was also the day of the Ladies Brunch.  So I ended up giving him breakfast in bed before I hurried off.

I had given Joe his gift earlier in the month.  I got him an air purifier.  He was suffering with his allergies and I thought this would help him.  What a difference it has made!   He is breathing so much better.

Joe got a lot of cards and phone calls all day.  It really made him feel good.

 

In the evening our friends Carole and Walt took us to Cracker Barrel for dinner.  They even got him a Cracker Barrel gift card for a gift so the dinner was really on them.

Here's the birthday boy!


Cracker Barrel is one of Joe's favorites. 

It was hard to decide what to have.

I was looking at some things in the store after we ate, but everyone was in a hurry to leave, so I didn't get anything.  I do like their clothes though.

I haven't felt all that well today.  I'm so tired.  I fell asleep around 5 p.m. and woke up at 10:30 p.m.  No dinner for me tonight.  I just had a snack so I could take my medicine and I'm going back to sleep.  Hope I feel better tomorrow.

See you then.

Kathy


 

9 comments:

  1. Glad Joe had a good birthday! Hope you feel better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I come from Linda's blog. Happy Birthday to Joe! We like Cracker Barrel, too. Your Ladies Brunch looks so nice! Our church has an annual Lady's Day brunch too! Your church fellowship hall looks so much like ours! We have a Men's Breakfast once a month. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for Joe to have such a day! Sorry you are a bit under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always makes me sad when you aren't feeling well. Hurry up a feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks like a happy birthday boy! Sounds like a great celebration. Hope you both feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a Happy Birthday, Joe, and that you're all healed and out and about and SMILING!!

    And Kathy---get all the sleep you can---as one of Agatha Christie's characters said, "It's like money in the bank."
    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice birthday for Joe. I like Cracker Barrel too. But they don't offer many GF dishes :(
    I hope you are feeling better. Rest is always good. Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthday wishes to Joe and what nice friends you have! Hope you are feeling better soon, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Joe! Glad he had a great birthday. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.