Friday, April 7, 2017

THESE LAST TWO DAYS HAVE BEEN ... INTERESTING?


I saw something today that let me know it really is Spring.  My first sighting of the year of a robin!


Not a great picture.  I was at our crafting club at church and when I left there he was in the parking lot.  I couldn't get too close, so this was it with a zoom lens.  I tried to get another closer picture, but he took off.  But I saw him!

Yesterday we had torrential rain, high winds, plus thunder and lightening.  It all started just before Joe and I had to leave to go to his physical therapy appointment.  We debated about cancelling, but decided to make a run for it.  I had quite a drive, but it's not that far from home so we made it.  It was still pouring, thundering and lightening when we got out.  Joe needed to go to the drugstore on the way home.  I wasn't feeling that great, so I stayed in the car while he went in.  And as I did it stopped raining and the sun came out.


I waited.  And waited.  I had the radio on to the Christian station and listened to an entire half hour program and he still hadn't come out.  I was half worried and half "come on hurry up!".


Finally I went inside and he was just checking out.  And of course he had more than just his pain killers.  *sigh*

As I mentioned today I went to the Crafters meeting.  I am working on a baby blanket for my soon coming great-granddaughter.  My former step-granddaughter is pregnant, due in August.  Even though technically she isn't related to me, I'm claiming the baby.  Ha, ha!  I also started another baby blanket for my niece who is expecting a baby in October.  The babies are popping up all over the place.

It has not been a good day for us.  Lots of turmoil that didn't have to happen.  So we went out to dinner.  I just couldn't face cooking.  We went to Hibachi Grill and I had sushi, steamed mixed vegetables, chicken sticks, and hot sticky chicken wings.  Joe had roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and lots of desserts.  I told you it wasn't a good day.  Tomorrow will hopefully be better.  Let's just say that family can be more hurtful than anyone else.

Thank you for your prayers for Miss Dottie.  She has been moved from the hospital to a nursing home.  Right now it is a temporary thing, but her children are hoping to make it permanent.  It sounds as if it is the right place for her, so I hope it happens.  Keep praying, please.
 
APRIL @ 7 P.M.
Here is your latest installment:

April 6
 
 April 7

I'm really tired, so I think I'm going to bed early tonight.  I hope you all have a good evening.

Kathy

 

16 comments:

  1. We had a windstorm here today. Traffic lights in a couple places, power outage and falling trees. We were ok tho. Glad you made it thru stormy weather...weatherwise and family issues. No fun. Tomorrow is new day. Prayers for you and Joe. Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! You had bad weather. Nothing that bad here. Glad you are OK.

      Delete
  2. I hope things calm down for you two soon! Continued prayers for Miss Dottie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do too. I think all the turmoil is over. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  3. Great photo of the dark sky. Storm clouds are impressive. Hope all drama calms down for you & Joe. Praying for Miss Dottie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drama has calmed down for the most part. I know you love Miss Dottie and pray for her too.

      Delete
  4. I've been reading your posts but not commenting. So sorry! I'm always interested in what's happening in your world :) Life has been a bit crazy here!
    After all that rain and storming on Thursday, then the Cold and Wind on Friday, I am SO ready for the warm up that's heading our way!! May the cold be finally gone. I'm so excited about all the trees that are showing signs of leaves!!
    I hope this weekend finds you with renewed health and strength, enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK Doris. I read and don't comment a lot too. Especially when life is crazy.

      I'm ready for the warm weather too. Eighties Monday and Tuesday. I know you are as excited as I am.

      Delete
  5. Kathy, The Charlie Brown quote says it all. You know that old song...you always hurt the one you love...well it would not hurt if we didn't love them and we need to love them ...cause life would just stink without love. If it doesn't change the way the world turns, it will be ok.You waiting in the car for Joe...could be me waiting for Ted. LOL. Glad you saw a sign of spring there. We are in for the best weekend ever. I am ever so thankful for sunshine. My (step) granddaughter is having her first baby in Sept. My Lynzie (granddaughter is do to have "Luke " next month. So I am into the great grandmother roll. I told them I have dibs on being "Nana". LOL. Blessings to you my friend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, in this case I don't love these people but it hurts because they are evil and doing things to hurt us.

      I think every wife sits in the car waiting for their husband. Ha, ha!

      Delete
  6. The last quote could apply to us now too. But I know you have so many health issues to my friend. It's a challenge and makes life hard at times. Sending you prayers and lots of sweet hugs, Diane I'm glad we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we are friends too. You show me a part of the world I would never see. Especially all of your nature shots!

      Delete
  7. Wishing you and Joe calmer days ahead, life surely does get busy sometimes :)
    Love your pictures, I feel that rain !
    Congratulations on the new grand baby, I would love to have a great grand, but between starting careers, my grandchildren are not yet ready ......
    Hugs
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. I think things are calming down. I just don't understand why people are so nasty to each other. Glad you like the pictures.

      Delete
  8. I am sorry you had a bad day, Kathy. Yes- family can often be more hurtful than strangers---and usually are without meaning to be that way. The food sounds good even though it might be 'bad'...lol

    Have fun with getting your blankets, etc. done.

    I put you in touch with my friend, Jettie. She and you have a lot in common and I think you will enjoy getting to know her. She has been a hardworking gal her whole life like you are and has the same health issues.

    Hope you have a great upcoming week-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that the turmoil is over, dear. I pray that the Lord helps you and Joe stay in peace.

    We had a lovely day here in Ohio. It was breezy and 79 degrees. I even got out and visited my neighbors. We have been hibernating all winter and not it is time to get together. I hope that our weather is coming your way.

    Things are not looking good for my sister-in-law. Her heart is only functioning at 20% and now she has developed pneumonia. We will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.