Sunday, April 9, 2017

PALM SUNDAY



Such a beautiful day.  The skies are clear.  The temperature is warm.  And the sun is bright.  The perfect Palm Sunday.

Unfortunately, Joe was not perfect.  Allergy season is here in full blast.  I have a headache and a bit of losing my voice and coughing.  Joe has a high fever, blowing his nose constantly, not much of a voice, coughing, and generally feeling miserable.  He got all ready for church and then couldn't make it.  I went but felt miserable the whole time.

The church looked lovely all decorated with the palms.




I was going to work out in the yard this afternoon, but instead took a nice long nap.  That was much needed.  I'll do the yard a little at a time this week.  And work on the living room.  And the kitchen.  And the bathroom.  And cook.  Wow!

I have to run and make dinner.  We're having lamb loin chops with herbed yogurt sauce.  That's the menu of the week from ShopRite.  Of the four I have tried I have liked three and hated one.  Let's see how this turns out.

I'm going to leave you with the song we sang at the beginning of our service today.  Our pastor has a magnificent voice.  He sang the verses and we sang the chorus and waved our palms.  Hope you enjoy it.


Have a lovely evening.

Kathy
 

11 comments:

  1. I could listen to him sing for an hour! He has a wonderful, wonderful voice!!!! I can just feel the love coming from your church home. Hope you have a blessed week and that you and Joe both feel better. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's impressive that you can feel our love. That's the first thing everyone says about our congregation -- we really love each other.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing that lovely song! I loved listening.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing the pastor sing & enjoyed the song. Such love! I'm sorry to hear you & Joe are not well. Praying you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you were sick and could not make it to church yesterday. It was a great service.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, That was a beautiful song, sung so nicely by the pastor. I love the way the church looked. Blessings for a great week.oxox, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard that song before but really loved it. Thanks, I think the church looked great also.

      Delete
  5. When Plam Sunday arrives, the excitement of Easter starts to build up. Easter, the best day of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought that I have heard all the songs for Palm Sunday, but I have never heard that one before. I really like it! He has a wonderful voice. I can understand why you all like to hear him. The church looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.