Friday, April 28, 2017

COMING HOME

Yesterday we were really tired from the three days of the Conference.  But I woke up at 5 a.m. with my back killing me.  The mattress was soft and my back did not like it.  After three nights it rebelled.  I ended up getting up out of bed and sitting in the chair by the door.  I got on the computer, did my daily challenge solitaire puzzle, played Words with Friends, and read my email, facebook page and started trying to catch up with my blog buddies.  But I fell asleep for about a half hour.  So I decided to get up and get the day going.

I went to the breakfast room and got the same breakfast for Joe and me as we had the day before.  Then I got Joe up to eat.

While he got ready, I packed all our bags and set them by the door. Joe took them and put them in the car.  While he was doing this, I made a video to show you the room before we left.

I expected we would go back the same way we came, but the GPS took us the longer way down Rt. 309.  It was pretty scenery though.


Joe has gotten the hang of making videos and sort of enjoys filming as we drive along.  I had the camera in the cup holder between us and I said to him, "Take a picture of that mountain for me, will you?"  He was a long time doing it and I thought he was having trouble.  Finally he laid the camera down.  "Did you get the picture?" I asked.  "I got the video," he said.  So here it is.


It took a long time to get home.  About an hour longer than the other way.  After driving about 2 hours we were tired, hungry and had to use the restroom.  I was stopped at a red light and saw we were right next to a diner.  So we decided to stop for lunch and I pulled in.

We had never heard of this diner before.  It was called Zoto's Diner in Line Lexington, PA.  Another place I had never heard of. We got a table and then Joe used the restroom and I ordered us beverages.  Then I used the restroom and Joe ordered our entrees.  We both had burgers and fries.  I had lemonade and Joe had iced tea.  These were the best burgers and fries I have had in a long time.  They were wonderful.  I'm telling you if this place were not over an hour from home, I would be eating there a lot!

Photo of Zoto's Diner - Line Lexington, PA, United States

We felt much better after stopping and continued on another hour to home.

It was good to get back to my own home with my own things around me.  We were so busy unpacking and putting things away that we completely forgot about dinner.  I remembered at 11 p.m. and didn't want to eat that late.  I needed something, though, to take my medicine so I made myself an egg.

I slept well last night.  I was cold the whole time I was away.  Here it is warm.  Well, actually hot.  It got up into the 80s.

This morning I had errands to run and I called Debbie to ask if she wanted to go with me.  She did.  I picked her up and we went to One Dollarzone, Walmart and Shop Rite.  I have more errands to run tomorrow and I am going to church in the afternoon to decorate for our International Dinner on Sunday.  It should be fun.

So that's it for now.  I feel as if I have lived two weeks in the last few days.  And now I have the weekend.

APRIL @ 7 P.M.
This is from yesterday.  I didn't get today's shot.  Too busy.


Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Joe makes a good cameraman (cameraperson?) It was great running errands with you. Can't wait to see the decorations all in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy, I love the videos. It's like we are there. Glad you enjoyed the time...but oh my girl, I can sympathized about the beds. I love a firm bed. Blessings for a fun weekend. xoxo, Susie
    p.s. get some good rest tonight in your own bed. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good videos! I know how good it feels to get home when you have been away, even for just a few days. Nothing feels better than your own bed. Nice to get errands done and now you have another big event at church to get ready for. You are always busy!! Get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl! I do not know how you do all that you do. You need rest from that trip and now you are off to decorate for the next big event! It must be that you are still young and have the energy, but watching you makes me tired. Of course, I am or will be 73 in a week or so.

    Yesterday a cold front was coming through. I hurt, ached, and could hardly walk all day. It stormed and blew in the night and now I am much better today. I never knew how barometric pressure could have such a effect on arthritis.

    Loved your videos. Have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a good trip home, even though it was a bit longer. GPS sometimes gives you the long route when the route you took to get there was shorter. Weird! But it worked. Sometimes when I'm out and about, I get confused how to get back to where I was to start with. I still have my camera bag to go through today as I left a few things in there. We ate at a Dairy Queen right before coming home from the coast on Friday and their burgers were really good. It was the first restaurant we spotted that would be quicker than a sit down restaurant. I didn't get any ice cream but Phil had to have his peanut buster parfait. Last time I had a blizzard I wasn't liking the after effects on my stomach. I think the ice cream isn't as good as it used to be, sadly. So I had ice cream and a brownie that evening after we got home. Have a good week and hopefully you get rested up from your trip amongst the laundry that's always there for a getaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.