Wednesday, February 8, 2017

JEWELRY CANDLES

Monday was my friend Chrissy's birthday.  She lives next door to me and I've known her since she was 2 years old when I moved here.  I've watched her grow up, tutored her, stayed with her when her parents had to go somewhere and took her with me to my sister's house.  In other words...  we're family.

When her mom was alive she always found the most unusual gifts to give me for Christmas and my birthday.  So I wanted to find something different to give Chrissy.  I changed my mind so many times until finally I decided to give her a jewelry candle.

Have you heard about those candles?  There is jewelry inside and you have to burn them down to get it.  And it's nice jewelry too.  Some pieces are worth $10 and some are worth $10,000.  I'm sure most of them are the $10 ones but you never know.  So this is the one I got her.



I wanted it to smell like a birthday cake since it was for her birthday.  And I liked that it was soy and made in the U.S.A.

I went next door last night to give it to her and she seemed to really like it.  I may have gotten the wrong sized ring though.

I liked the idea of a jewelry candle so much that I got one for myself.  I waited until I had time today to unwrap it because I wanted to take a video of it to show you.  So here's your look at it.


I have it sitting in the living room and even unlit it is making everything smell good.  I can't wait to see what is inside and like I said in the video I'll be sure to show you what it is.

After a lovely day today in the high 60* range, tomorrow we are having a major snow storm.  You can already feel the temperatures dropping.  We are supposed to be getting around 8 inches of snow.  I went to the store and to the gas station today so we are all set.  I plan on going NOWHERE tomorrow.  By the weekend it will be warm again and the snow is supposed to be mostly gone.  We will see.  This is crazy weather.

I'm going to get going since it is 11:30 p.m.  Hope you have a nice evening.

Kathy

Sunrise: 7:02 a.m.
Sunset:  5:29 p.m.
10 hours and 27 minutes of daylight
Temperature:  65*/34* 

15 comments:

  1. This is the coolest thing! I loved the video and the excitement of opening it with you! I love your voice! Now I really need to learn how to do videos like you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not hard. I just video on my camera, open my youtube channel, and upload it. Then I post it using the video icon onto the blog. It allows me to use videos that are larger than the small ones blogger accepts.

      Delete
  2. Loved your little video. Hope you do more of them. I have see the jewelry candles, but never had one myself. Everyone I've known of having one has been delighted with the jewelry in the candle, on top of the good smell. I've been tempted to buy them from the scent alone. They smell so good. It'll be fun to see what you get in yours. I'm sure your neighbor loves hers! Great gift and perfect that you chose "Birthday Cake" for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Dishywoo. It does smell lovely. I had Bible Study last night so didn't get around to lighting the candle. I hope to light it for a bit each evening and when I reach the necklace I will be sure to show you.

      Delete
  3. Like the video! I'd never heard of jewelry candles but love the idea. A gift within a gift! I can think of a few people/occasions where this could come in handy. Stay warm during the storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never heard of jewelry candles? They have been around for awhile. I will have to get you one for your birthday.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed your video, what a nice gift for your friend. The weather on the mountain here in Tennessee is so changeable, below freezing and snow flurries today and in the 60's tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the weather is crazy everywhere.

      Delete
  5. I never heard of those candles....very cool. I hope you like your prize :)
    Not as much snow as we were to get. I'm fine with that. And fine with it melting too!
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said to Debbie, they have been around for quite awhile. I'm anxious to see my prize. We didn't get a lot of snow either and it's fine with me too.

      Delete
  6. Your choice of candle, Jewlery Candle, is perfect gift! I'm going to "borrow" your idea! A gift within a gift and it's made out of soy.
    (Cute video)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great gift. Borrow away. One of my blog friends, but I can't remember who, has lots of jewelry from them.

      Delete
  7. Well that was fun, Kathy! I'd say that you succeeded in finding a unique gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy! Oh, what a sweet story about your neighbor and the candle sounds like a great fun gift! Did you get snow? We sure did, about 8 - 10 inches! Thanks always for your visits and sweet comments to me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved watching you unwrap...and unwrap....and unwrap that candle and I can see the smile that came over you when you could smell the orange goodness!
    I hope your snow wasn't too horrible. It is cold here but no more snow coming until tomorrow night. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Kathy. xo Diana ps. What a wonderful gift for your neighbor. I hope she loves her ring! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.