Saturday, November 26, 2016

DECORATING THE CHURCH FOR CHRISTMAS


Time just rushes by and here it is less than a month until Christmas.  Unbelievable!

And it has been 11 months since I retired.  I am very much enjoying being a homemaker and finally getting the house under control.  Although right now it looks worse than it has in awhile.  I think it's one of those thing where it has to look bad before it can look good.  But it is coming along.  Every week we have tons of recycling going out.  Paperwork is the bane of my existence.

I wanted to start putting away the fall decorations today but instead spent several hours at church decorating for the beginning of Advent tomorrow.  There were five of us there and we all went to work.  Pastor Ralph was very helpful doing the heavier lifting for me.  The church really looks nice.  Here are a few pictures for you.

The Fellowship Time tables.  Carolyn did the centerpieces and they are just beautiful!



This is the table when you first come into the church.  The bulletins are there to pick up and you can see the coat rack behind the table.
 

This is the Nativity scene on that table.  I bought the table runner in Lancaster in September.  It is just perfect there.
 
Carolyn, Dorothea and Alice did the windows.  Beautiful!  (Ignore my reflection.)


Poinsettias across the communion table.
 

The Nativity scene at the front on the Communion table.
 

The tree.  This was a group effort by all of us.
 

The church all decorated.
 

The podium all ready to go.  Just lovely.
 

We are set for Advent.  Now if I could just do the same at home!

I had to stop at Rite Aid on the way home to get some grape juice for communion tomorrow.  As I was in line to check out I saw some Peeps.  If you have read my blog for any length of time, you know my weakness for Peeps.  So I got a box of trees and a box of gingerbread flavored gingerbread boys.  Yum!

 
I have to go now and make some sugar cookies for Fellowship Time tomorrow.  I have a new recipe so I hope they turn out.

Until later...

Kathy

Sunrise:  6:58 a.m.
Sunset:  4:37 p.m.
9 hours and 39 minutes of daylight
Temperature:  51*/35* 


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to begin Advent!! Now, about those peeps.... (wink)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri. Oh I do love my Peeps. Good thing they make them only a few times a year.

      Delete
  2. It looks wonderful!!! We had the Hanging of the Greens after church last Sunday.
    I remember how you love those Easter peeps.....so of course the Christmas ones, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only the Christmas but also Halloween! I know your church must look lovely also. Churches just seem to lend themselves to Christmas.

      Delete
  3. I did some purging of a few places in our house yesterday. Between Megan and me, our big blue recycle bin was full! 1/2 of it was from us, the rest from usual stuff. I started clearing out the spot for the Christmas tree. I need to pull out advent ornaments from Ann Voskamp book that are backed with doilies. This year they will go up but not on a tree. Am thinking of something different. Probably Sunday afternoon as I'm tired tonight. The decor at church looks so nice and inviting. Ours gets done too but I'm not on that team. Happy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think half of our big recycle bin was me as well. It doesn't take much to create clutter. Oh, you made me think of how I have to work on the corner for the Christmas tree. That might be the first thing I do.

      Delete
  4. The church looks so beautiful! Everyone did a marvelous job!I love the runner on the greeting table as well as the centerpieces.The inside of our house is done thanks to my husband.He did the front windows on Friday.He's in charge of all that. I decorate the bathroom! There are the bobble snowmen you get at the dollar store on the window ledge. I think they're kinda cute.
    Have a beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for you to see how pretty church is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Decorating the church has to be an exciting time with your friends. Working together for the common good. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a LOT of work. My back was bad so I couldn't do so much. I mostly sat untangling things.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.