Monday, September 12, 2016

THE FIRST DAY OF A SPECIAL WEEK


Happy Monday everyone.  I hope you had a great day today.  This is the beginning of a special week for me and I intend to enjoy every day of it.  Friday Joe and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe we have been married that long.  It seems like yesterday we said "I will".


We have been through so much in those 10 years.  Things I never imagined standing at the front of that church.  All I was thinking was "How fast can we get through this?  I'm scared to death to be here in front of everyone!"  And I was scared.  I was shaking and my hands were like ice.

We really started our celebration on Saturday night by going to dinner at Chick-fil-A.  That was my idea because it was just too hot to cook!  Joe even got an ice cream cone.



They had a table set up as a 9-11 memorial.  A lot of people were taking pictures of it.  A few had tears in their eyes.  It was very touching.





I watched several 9-11 specials yesterday on the History Channel:
     Grounded on 9/11 (2005)
     Countdown to Ground Zero (2006)
     15 Septembers Later (2016) 

Today I got up bright and early because a little furry creature decided she wanted breakfast.  Way to go, Snowy!


 That was OK because I had to get up anyway to go to the dentist and get my teeth cleaned.


I really like my dentist.  She is a former Navy dentist and knows what she is doing.  She never hurts me. Well... at least not much.  Not like the other dentists I've had did.  So 15 minutes later I had a nice clean mouth.

Which I decided to mess up by going out to lunch at IHOP.  I had the 2x2x2 meal:  two eggs, two pancakes, two sausage links.  Look at the lovely strawberry and sweet cream cheese criss-crosswich Joe got.  I didn't eat any but it sure looked good.



 
We had meatloaf sandwiches with leftover meatloaf from last night for dinner.  Neither of us was very hungry after the big lunch we had.  

And now I am getting ready for my Bible study tomorrow.  I have to look over the lesson a couple more times and type up the handout.

I just know it's going to be a special and wonderful week.

Kathy



 Sunrise:  6:39 a.m.
Sunset:  7:13 p.m.
12 hours and 34 minutes of daylight
 
  
 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I am wishing you a fun filled week leading to your anniversary. My grandson and his wife are celebrating 2 years this week. My daughter Liz and her husband Matt are also celebrating this week. I think you and Joe are a great couple. Blessings to you both. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susie! This seems to be a popular time of year to get married. Several of my friends have anniversaries around ours.

      Delete
  2. Well, congratulations to you and Joe, looking back is a lot of fun. Enjoy your special week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! I am looking forward to this week. There is so much going on. I'm going to need next week to recover.

      Delete
  3. Wishing you & Joe joy,fun & happy times this week as you celebrate your marriage.Just spending unhurried time together can be a gift.Great tribute from IHOP. Love that Snowy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. The tribute at Chick-fil-A was touching for sure.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you both! Your wedding photo is beautiful and you haven't changing a bit in 10 years...either one of you! What a pretty smile with your teeth cleaned. I usually love getting mine cleaned too but I had mine done yesterday and wasn't very happy with the experience. Enjoy your week of celebrations! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. Oh, we've changed, but I hope for the better.

      Delete
  5. Wishing you both a very Happy Annivesary Kathy! What a wonderful fun-filled week you have planned! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! IHOP is so good. I only ate there once and that was in Idaho! Now that we have one here, I no longer can eat gluten so I don't go there.....bummer indeed :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a moving tribute, and thank you for sharing such a beautiful prayer.

    And Happy Anniversary---you look so lovely in your wedding gown, and your Joe is such a distinguished fellow. Many, many more decades to you!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tenth Anniversary to you both! That is a lovely wedding picture! May you have many more happy years together.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.