Friday, September 2, 2016

ON THE SECOND DAY OF SEPTEMBER... I CELEBRATED THE FIRST


I am feeling much better today.  Thank you to everyone who prayed for me and sent me good wishes.  That meant a lot to me.  I fell asleep on the sofa last night and Joe left me there because he wanted me to sleep.  When I woke up I was almost back to myself.  I'm not pushing it though.  I know from experience that it will be at least another two days to get back to where I was before all of this happened.  At least two days.  Sometimes as much as four.  But I'm heading in the right direction.  The pain is much relieved and I can do a little more than I did yesterday.  Except bending over.  I've done it but it's not a good thing for me to do.

I was well enough, though, to do some of my September 1st celebrating.  I started by baking some pumpkin muffins.  They turned out so good!


I had mine with a cup of pumpkin spice tea and Joe had his with pumpkin spice coffee.  I think we might be overdoing the pumpkin spice.


We both slept in today and didn't have breakfast until 11 a.m.  You can do that when you're retired.  So I really didn't get a lot done.

It was cool and beautiful most of the day, but during the afternoon it started getting warm again.  I love warm weather, but I'm starting to want it a little cooler.  Just a little.  I dislike wearing jackets and sweaters so I don't want it really cool just yet.

I am doing some Christmas knitting projects so I worked some on that today.  And I went to Rite Aid to get my medicine but that's about all I've done.  I told you I was taking it easy.

Do you like my chalkboard pumpkin?  I have it on the windowsill in the kitchen.  I think it's so cute.

 
And I made my dinner that I did not make last night.  My annual dinner is barbecued spare ribs, sweet potato patties, corn on the cob and this year I got an apple pie for dessert.  No, I didn't make it this year.  Like I said, I'm taking it easy on myself.


 
Do you see my tea mug?  My supervisor when I worked at the Northeast Regional library gave me that for Christmas along with some wonderful tea.  I love it and use it almost every day.  And of course I drink tea in it.  Tonight it was iced tea.

Joe has to go to church tomorrow morning so hopefully while he is gone I will get the energy together to finish up decorating the front of the house and clean and decorate some of the inside.  If that happens, you know you will see the pictures.

I am really sleepy so I am going to bed.  Have a good night, everyone! 


Kathy

 

9 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are feeling a bit better. Take your time go slow. Dinner sounds & looks delicious! Too bad you can't pass a muffin over the computer (sigh...)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you will get a muffin or two at church tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. First day of Sept., seconded day... it doesn't matter when you are retired.
    Glad you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. Every day I don't overdo it I get a little better.

      Delete
  3. Psin is no fun. Glad you're feeling better. I made biscuits last night for dinner and leftovers are in freezer for next week. I need to make a plum crisp today. I got a bunch on Sunday from a box at church. We've eaten some but need to get rest of them done up or lose them. Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pain really is no fun. I haven't made biscuits in a long time. Maybe I'll do that next week. Plum crisp sounds yummy!

      Delete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. Your muffins and apple pie have me drooling all over the keyboard! I haven't done much today. I have arthritis and my ankles are especially hurting today. It is much cooler here and I love that. Hope you can enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherdecor. I have arthritis too and I understand about your ankles completely. Hope you are feeling better. It's cooler here, too and I love it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Kathy, Glad you are starting to feel better. Sounds like a wonderful dinner. I love pumpkin spice everything. Love to smell it baking too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.