Thursday, September 1, 2016

ON THE FIRST DAY OF SEPTEMBER...


I am!  September 1st is one of my favorite days of the year.  I love that September is summer and fall all wrapped into one.  And they are my two favorite seasons.

Yesterday I got out in the yard and started weeding.  It needed it so badly.  But the 94* weather and my arthritis did not like me and I could work only a short while.  I got something done though and that's what counts.  A little at a time and it will all get done.

No one showed up for Bible study last night so Joe and I had our own study.  It was good.  We got new pew Bibles and Joe and I were moving them into the sanctuary.  Mostly Joe.  Again it strained my back a little bit.
 
So last night I was in the bathroom.  I went to reach for something and felt my back go out.  OUCH!!!!  The pain was so bad I couldn't move and I began to cry.  It takes a lot to make me cry with pain because I have a high threshold.  Joe got me into bed and there I laid all night.  He gave me some pain medication that put me to sleep and I felt better this morning.  But a lot of my plans for today are now changed.  I can hardly move so baking, decorating and moving furniture is out. But... September is a whole month and things will get done.

I began my day with a cup of pumpkin spice tea.  I got it in Lancaster last year.  I thought I was getting just a few bags and here there were 60 or so bags in the can.  I don't drink tea all that often and pumpkin spice tea even less so it lasted me all last autumn and will probably last this autumn and into next year.  I guess when you think about it that was quite a bargain! 



I did wear my "Harvest Festival" shirt.  It has longer sleeves and that's fine because today it went from the 90s to the 70s!  It's been beautiful outside.
  

Today was the good-by party for my former boss.  He got a promotion and has moved on.  I wanted to go to wish him well, but I can hardly move, so I had to cancel out.  *sigh*

I had planned so much to do today.  I even had my annual dinner all set to go.  But...  I couldn't get to the store and walk around.  So I ordered online and it wasn't ready for pick up until 7:30 p.m.  I was still going to make my special dinner but I was in so much pain I couldn't stand up to cook it.  So Joe suggested we get take out.  We ended up at Sonic.  I got some chicken strips and a watermelon slush which I am still drinking two hours later.  It's wonderful!  I am a happy camper.

 



Oh well, tomorrow is another day and there is a whole month of September days to do the wonderful things I had planned.  And they will get done.

Kathy
 






14 comments:

  1. God is good! He gives us THIRTY September morns and days!!!
    Hope your back feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. God really is good. And I will be celebrating more as the month goes on. Just like you.

      Delete
  2. What a great spirit you have! All that pain and you, cherrfully carry on.
    Prayers that you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. What's the use of complaining. I do what I can do. At least I can lay down and don't have to go to work where I had to stand all day.

      Delete
  3. Love the shirt. You have September,with me it's October. That is usually more jacket weather & dog walking weather! With my Bella,my jack russell mix,I'm really looking forward to more exercise, Ha ha! Hope your back feels better today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate wearing jackets and coats so that's why I love summer. I know you feel about October as I do September But the days are getting darker then so... To each their own.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, You may have to give up on moving heavy things. I know the things that make my back ache. So I try to avoid them...like laying down in bed too long...yikes. I know I need a new bed. LOL. Maybe with a cool down more people will show up for church there. Hope so. Take care of yourself and Joe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. cute shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love this shirt too. I got it on clearance at Cracker Barrel a few years back. I had to move the Bibles, but fortunately not far. I'm so glad to have a strong husband.

      Delete
  5. AWWWW---what an unfortunate beginning to such an auspicious month! I've always loved this particular few days, as well---we have nine birthdays in August, mine being the last, and so that cusp-of-September has always been a lovely beacon through the hot, humid days of Summer, especially all those years we lived WAY down in the South. September harkens to holidays, and ushers in OCTOBER---a royal month in its own right, and winds down gardens and vacations and all the OOOOMPH and gusto we're supposed to put into enjoying the Summer.

    And you wound down your day with a lovely big cup of WATERMELON!! What nectar or wine could give a valedictory salute to end-of-Summer like that?

    Feel better, faraway friend,

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel. I always enjoy your comments. You put music to your thoughts with the words you use. I am feeling better today so hopefully tonight will be the September 1st dinner.

      Delete
  6. I love the cooler air of Autumn, Summer heat is just too draining...
    The pumpkin spice tea looks nice, I should give it a try.
    Sorry you are suffering with back pain, I know all about it, and had surgery twenty three years ago. I usually know when I've done too much and try and respect it's wrath.
    Have yourself a lovely long weekend, and try and rest a little.'
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am resting quite a bit, doing very little and laying down a lot. It is very much better today and probably by Monday I will be back to normal. No more lifting heavy things for me.

      Delete
  7. The spice tea sounds wonderful. I love all of the scents of Autumn. Hope your back felt good today and you enjoy a nice holiday weekend! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tea is... different. I didn't like it at first last year, but it grew on me. Now I really enjoy it. My back is feeling much better, thanks. A couple more days and I will be back to normal.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.