Friday, July 8, 2016

TODAY I WAS TIRED!


I have been so tired today.  I guess the last couple of days are catching up with me.  I ended up taking a nap this afternoon and I haven't done that in awhile.

I did get some things done, though.  I had another couple apple cinnamon muffins for breakfast.  Since there is a lot of sugar in them, Joe can't eat them.  He's diabetic.  So they're mine -- all mine.  And they are sooo good.

It has been so hot here.  It went up to 94* but felt like 99*.  Yesterday the heat index was 105* so I guess we are getting better.  We got some rain this afternoon so that helped. I didn't go out at all today except to feed the outside cats and put the recycling out.  It was way too hot.  At least for me.

Oh, I was out one other time.  I finally put up the garden flag for July.  About time, don't you think?


I really have to get out there and weed, but it's just too hot.  Have I mentioned that it's hot here?  No, I didn't think so.

I had an easy dinner.  I made a big salad with lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, celery and strawberries.  Then I made some bruschetta with mozzarella cheese, ham and honey mustard.  Oh my was that good!  Joe asked if we could have it again sometime.

 
So that was my day.  I am still tired, so I am going back to sleep.  Have a good night everyone!

 
Kathy
 

10 comments:

  1. Even the news is warning people with asthma,heart conditions etc not to be out unless necessary. I'm up & out walking the girls REAL early to avoid the heat. They still need their excerise. Dinner looks yummy. Enjoy your naps! Even with a/c the air is yucky.Stay safe! woof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad today is cooler. We did a lot of running.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathy! Sorry you've been so tired and I'm sure that heat doesn't help either. Since we've moved from the Texas Gulf Coast a couple of years ago - I do not miss that hot and the extreme humidity! I'm so enjoying the cooler temps of upstate New York. I don't mean to rub it in! :) Your dinner looks wonderful! Hope you get some rest and the weather cools down a bit for you. It's always so nice to hear from you.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tired because of being in the hospital all day and then trying to take care of Joe. I'm sure the heat doesn't help. I'll bet it feels nice in New York compared with the Gulf Coast. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, This is absolutely the time for big salads. It's lite and doesn't make us over eat. The heat is probably draining your energy. I do last in this heat. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat has something to do with it, but not sleeping for days does too. Running around at the hospital took a lot out of me.

      Delete
  4. I stayed home yesterday as I didn't feel like going anywhere. Did very little at home. I finally bought a yard flag last week. It's not patriotic like I was searching for but I like it. It has beening here too. Sigh but at least our holiday weekend was just right! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did have a lovely holiday. The temperatures are dropping for the next few days before our next heat wave. That will help.

      Delete
  5. So glad to know that Joe is soooo much better. I hope you will be able to make-up your trip to the coast.
    Take care, rest and keep eating those yummy salads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love, your garden flag! Your salad sounds delightful and Bruschetta too? Sounds yummy. I must learn how to make that. Hope that by now the humidity has passed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.