Friday, July 15, 2016

THURSDAY AT HOME

I finally got a day yesterday where I could just stay home.  And I needed it.  I am so tired from running around.  How did I ever hold down a job?  I know I was constantly exhausted.

My sweet little Snowy is sitting next to me on the sofa.  She is looking a lot whiter since Daddy bathed her.  She had gotten into some dirt and was looking a little... well... gray.  Now she's white again and smells nice.  She wants to be petted and is licking my arm and pushing against me to get what she wants.

It was HOT yesterday.  It got up to 103*F (40*C)!  And the humidity was through the roof.  It was really windy too.  I hung the wash outside and it was dry in no time.  I love the smell of wash hung in the sunshine.  It is something I grew up with and it always reminds me of summer vacation and my grandmother's love and good times.

Needless to say I spent most of the day indoors.  The only time we went out was to go to Rite Aid to get a medication the doctor wanted Joe to have that wasn't covered by his insurance.  We were able to get an over the counter version which isn't as good (according to his doctor) but she said we should try rather than paying $550 for the uncovered prescription.

While we were there I found a water bottle which holds 20 oz.  I am trying to drink at least 40 oz. of water a day so this was perfect.  It was only $2 so Joe bought it for me.  I think this will help me because I will know I have to drink two of these a day.  And it has a tight fitting lid in case I knock it over (which I have a tendency to do).

I had another Chobani yogurt today.  This one was salted caramel with caramel flavored yogurt topped with mini pretzel sticks, pralines and chocolate chips.  It was yummy.  I think I have a new lunch.  I'm going to the store to get more.

I thought I would show you my jewelry that I wore today.  I wanted something light and fun.


This is a little glass fish.  When I worked for the Academy of Natural Sciences I was the secretary for the Ichthyology Department (fish).  Naturally I got into collecting all kinds of fish items.  This was in the gift shop and I got it.  I've always loved it.  But it's light weight and being see through appears to not take up a lot of space.

I wanted a bracelet, too, but didn't have one that went with the outfit.  So I made myself a wrap bracelet out of some variegated yarn I had laying around.  The colors were perfect.  I just made a chain stitch with my fingers (didn't even use a crochet hook).  I think it turned out great.


 I still didn't get any cleaning done.  It's just so hot.  Today it's only supposed to get to 97*F (36*C) so I'm going to do my best to get SOMETHING done.  Anything would be an improvement.  But first I'm going to get a little more sleep.  Hope you all have a good day.


Kathy

 

8 comments:

  1. Love the necklace! How creative of you to make the bracelet. I wouldn't have thought of it. It is too hot for me. I walk our girls early,run any errands & back inside to the a/c! I'm ready for fall...
    What a great deal for the water bottle! I tend to knock things over too so the lid is a good thing. Hope Joe's medicine works for him. It's not good when you feel bad. I will go & enjoy this day the Lord made! woof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too hot for even me who loves the hot weather. I'm enjoying the a/c. And even more so this summer when I have control of the temperature. I was always FREEZING at the library and my fingernails would turn blue. And that's without nail polish!

      Delete
  2. You know I LOVE that fish necklace and the bracelet you made is fun. Looks just like the jewelry I like to wear. I drink lots of water and was thinking of doing a post on it. Enjoy your day! Try to stay cool! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Diane, you should definitely do a post on drinking water. It is so important and I haven't been doing it enough. When I'm out I limit my liquid intake because I can't always find a bathroom. Now when I'm home more, I'm finding out just how beneficial water can be. I'd love to hear your ideas.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy, Such a cute necklace. That is a great idea to measure your water intake. Aren't the prices of med just crazy? Hope that med works for Joe. Take care of each other, Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie. Everyone seems to like my fish necklace. I think I spent a whopping $5 on it at the time. I want to make sure I get at least 40 oz of water a day, so this new bottle helps a lot. I was getting 8 oz a day so this is a big difference.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kathy! Well, I have to agree with everyone, I love your little necklace!!! Sorry to hear it's so hot! I don't do well in hot! LOL Good luck on drinking your water. I sure do need to drink more myself. Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelia. Who knew my little fish necklace would be liked by so many people. It sure is hot here! I love hot weather but this is a little much for even me! So far so good on drinking my water.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.